Where to Get Video Templates? – Overview
We all know that animation and editing takes time. A 30 second video could take you about a week to finish, or even more! Depending on the elements of your project. As artists, we don’t always have to do things from scratch, and there are far easier ways to do videos.
Although, creating our own design is of course better and beneficial for our careers, as it will enhance our artistic capabilities, BUT if you don’t have much time on your hands to finish multiple projects, or you just want to make your work faster, there are always templates available for us to download.
Some are free and some are paid. Some require a software, some are web based.
SOFTWARE-BASED VIDEO TEMPLATES:
Templates and Plugins requires a software to be used.
Considered to be the industry-leading marketplace when it comes to creative assets. They have the biggest library over at envato elements, ranging from templates for graphic design, website, product packaging, vectors, stock footage and images, templates for motion graphics used for video explainer, video effects, logos, openers.
They also have sound effects and music kits from ambient to instrumentals to music with vocals, that can set any mood you require. They also give creators a platform to sell their original work over at envato market. Audio Jungle and Video Hive are just some of their most used services.
- Individual: $16.50 per month
- Team of 2 or more: up to 35% OFF
- Student: 30% OFF
2. Motion Array
Ideal for Video and Filmmakers, the templates over at Motion Array are compatible with Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Premiere Rush, DaVinci Resolve, Final Cut Pro. They also have stock footage and Royalty free music and sound effects.
- $29.99 per month
- $249.99 per year
- They have free subscription which lets you download and use templates marked as free, however it’s very limited.
Offers a more affordable price for templates, stock footage and audio, most templates are compatible to Adobe After Effects and Adobe Premiere Pro. But they also have a handful for Final Cut and Apple Motion.
They also have a video maker, named as “Maker“, that let’s you create unlimited animated videos without the need for a software. All can be done within their website.
- $10 per month – 5 downloads of videos only.
- $20 per month – unlimited stock footage and After Effects templates downloads.
- $30 per month – Unlimited download to all and access to their Maker.
4. Adobe Stocks
As the name suggest, this is ideal for Adobe Users. All you need is an Adobe ID to be able to download content from Adobe Stock. It is beneficial for Creative Cloud users because Adobe Stock is integrated to the entire suite. Adobe Stock provides high quality and royalty free photos, videos, graphics, 3D assets, animated templates and illustrations for all your project’s needs.
- Monthly Subscription ranges from $49.99 per month for 10 assets up to $249.99 per month for 750 assets.
- Annual Subscription ranges from $29.99 per month for 10 assets up to $199.99 per month for 750 assets.
Looking for free templates? Velosofy is the answer. Velosofy is a platform that provides free, original templates created by artist all over the world. Anyone can register and start uploading their free templates. They have templates for After Effects, Sony Vegas, Photoshop, Cinema 4D, Blender, and Avee Player.
Their templates are mostly for Intro & Outro Videos, Logo Animation, Lower Thirds, Stream Overlays, Thumbnails and Audio Visualizers. A very helpful site for people who are just starting out on motion graphics or animation.
BONUS: Video Copilot
Not really a place to download templates, but a place where you can learn how to create out of this world, impressive visual effects. If you’re looking for visual effects, this is the place to go. Their site offers free tutorials on how to create certain effects using their plugins, which you can purchased over at their website.
Their products and plugins have been widely used all over the world by professional artists. Their Element 3D & Optical Flares plugins are among the industry standard tools used by large visual effects studios and individual designers.
All of their products are compatible to Adobe After Effects and a handful of which is compatible with Final Cut Pro, Sony Vegas Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro.
WEBSITE-BASED VIDEO TEMPLATES:
Create animated videos on their website or app.
A platform that lets ANYONE create, design and publish creative contents anywhere. They have millions of design for graphics and videos, all are customizeable and easy to use. They have a wide selection for free to use templates, and they also have a paid plan. Can be access through a computer or their mobile app.
- $12.95 per month
- $119.40 per year
Easily accessible through their website, allows you to easily create different kinds of animated and engaging videos that you can use for your content on social media, for your website, commercials, explainer, events and many more.
- Monthly Subscription ranges from $29 per month for individuals, up to $99 per month for professional account.
- Annual Subscription ranges from $228 per year for individuals, up to $588 per year for professional account.
- They offer a free account but your export will have a watermark.
A platform for video production, website creation, product mockups, logo and graphics designing. For videos, they offer animated templates that you can use for explainer videos, titles, trailers, product promotions and many more. You can also create intros, slideshows, presentations and music visualization.
- Monthly – $19.99 per month up to $59.99 per month.
- Yearly – $6.99 per month up to $49.99 per month, billed annually.
- Single Purchase – $9.99 per video 360p quality | $14.99 per video HD720 quality | $19.99 per video HD1080 quality
- Free version is also available but very limited, and all exports will have a watermark.