When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Here’s how it works.
Best PS5 Games for Kids – Overview
These games are appropriate for kids according to age as they help them stay engaged in activities that entertain and enhance their skills.
As a gamer parent, I’ve chosen a game that my 4-year-old and I can enjoy playing together. Being a 40-year-old parent, if I find joy in a game loved by my child, it speaks volumes about the game’s broad appeal across age groups. As your child ages, you can gradually increase the difficulty levels and introduce new challenges.
So, I ensured that the PS5 game I chose for my child would be entertaining for me as well. When playing video games with your children, you embark on a fun journey together and have the opportunity to supervise and educate them during playtime. As he unlocks perks, I often say, ‘See what happens when you don’t give up practicing?’ This positive attitude indeed encourages children to surpass their capabilities. My choice of PlayStation 5 game for my child is Cars 3: Driven to Win.
Why Did I Choose Cars 3?
The car characters are known among kids thanks to the animated sports comedy movies produced by Pixar Animation Studios for Walt Disney Pictures.
The “easy” mode is not too challenging for kids to play.
Your kid can unlock dozens of perks to enable new cars and maps. There is a challenge for each perk and kids love to face them. Seeing my kid jumping all over the house when he unlocked the “Dr. Damage” character was priceless.
What Events in Cars 3 are Most Friendly for Kids?
I choose the “Stunt Showcase” event when I play with my kid as it does not involve “rockets” like in the event called “Battle Race”. I play the Battle Race when I am alone. You can also choose to go with the “Race” event as it’s all about speed competition.
Of course, the game I mentioned above is my own choice. You might also like to read about other kid-friendly PS5 game options. Here we go:
11 of the Best PS5 Games for Kids – Entertain Your Kids at Home
There might be thousands of games available on PS5; however, not all are suitable for children.
If you are looking for kid-friendly games, you need to be selective. Here is the list of the games, ensuring your kids don’t see any violence or age-restricted videos.
1. Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
Everyone’s favorite webhead is back! Swing your way around a rich and vast New York City and learn the cost of becoming a hero.
Expect spectacular, jaw-dropping set pieces, excellent visuals, Hollywood-rivaling voice acting, and sensational HDR implementation.
- Harlem Heroics – Miles Morales discovers explosive powers with exceptional presentation values that set him apart from his mentor, Peter Parker.
- Unlock a myriad of costumes from the Spider-Man universe.
- Come out swinging – Realistic textures and impressive ray tracing implementation.
- Venom extract – Master his unique, covert camouflage power and bio-electric venom blast attacks alongside spectacular web-slinging acrobatics, skills, and gadgets.
- Enjoy the marvelous visual modes.
2. NBA 2K21 Mamba Forever Edition
NBA 2K21 Mamba Forever Edition delivers you with the industry-leading sports video game experience and brings you the next generation of basketball.
It features breathtaking graphics, offering completely new and lifelike experiences.
With extensive improvements upon game modes competitive and community online features, NBA 2K21 provides a one-of-a-kind immersion into all NBA basketball and culture facets – where the game is everything.
It includes digital items like virtual currency, tokens, points, skill boots, etc.
- Next-Level Visuals and Immersion features breathtaking graphics, making you feel like a new and lifelike experience.
- Welcome to the City – Along with this re-imagined basketball role-playing experience, explore a city comprised of distinct Neighborhoods in this completely.
- A Smoother and Tougher Game – With next-generation player motion technology, players move reactively, fluidly, and decisively around the court. The Impact Engine brings a level of physicality, allowing you to feel hard contact.
- Advanced Pro Stick – It allows handling and passing the rock in new ways.
- MyTEAM Mode – Collect and compete against a global community and build your dream fantasy lineup with players. There are also chances of earning rewards.
3. Balan Wonderworld
Balan Wonderworld is themed around the Balan Theatre and is a wondrous action platformer game.
Balan, the enigmatic maestro, and the stars of the show, Emma and Leo, use special abilities as they adventure in the imaginary and bizarre land of Wonderworld.
- Wonderworld exists in imagination – The fantastic, bizarre land of Wonderworld is a place that is set around a table where happy and positive memories of people mix with their negativity and restless worries.
- There are endless possibilities, with over 80 different costumes for every action.
- No Extra Cost – If you already have the PS4 version of this game, get the PS5 digital version at no extra cost without purchasing this product.
- Explore and enjoy 12 dreamlike stages born from memories and feelings from the real world.
- 2-Player Local Co-Op Mode – Enjoy the additional wondrous adventure with one player controlling Leo and the other Emma.
4. Madden NFL
Have a live game experience with authentic new environments unlocked by the next-level editions of Madden NFL.
It has a new deferred lighting system that enhances the details of the game, improving player fidelity.
Check out the stunning elements and immerse yourself in the sounds powered by the next-gen tech that adds a new level of realism.
- Smooth run routes – The Madden NFL animation engine creates athletic player movement, fluid running routes, and changing direction.
- Next-gen stats player movement – Enjoy the most realistic gameplay with real athlete data powers.
- Next-Gen Stats Powered Replays – Relive the thrill of victory backed by stats data.
- Rich and Responsive Controller Haptics: Sense the impact and feel every catch, tackle, and kick.
5. Sackboy: A Big Adventure
Sackboy is an adventure game that is fun for adults, and another PS5 game is a great title for kids.
In this game, you will have to overcome a series of challenging tasks across numerous levels.
Customize your Sackboy characters, and play solo or with friends online or in co-op.
- Ultra-High-Speed SSD – Experience fast loading between and into levels, including in multiplayer 2 sessions.
- Experience Perilous Platforming – Utilise Sackboy’s cool and diverse move-set with thrilling challenges, startling surprises, and fierce enemies through deeply immersive and expressive controls.
- Tempest 3D AudioTech – Use compatible headphones to feel Craftworld come to life all around you.
6. Spacebase Startopia
Spacebase Startopia is a combination of economic simulation and empire-building paired with real-time skirmishes and a dose of humor.
- Native 4K resolution, with improved performance and stronger graphics effects.
- The challenging missions in the single-player campaign and flexible combat mode are complemented by the competitive or co-op mode with up to four players.
- Properly managed three Main Decks – a Deck with living rooms, a Fun Deck focusing on entertainment, and a Bio Deck with vegetation and animals.
- Sabotage the enemy industry – Destroy the competition with the help of robots that attack and watch out for space pirates.
- The robotic narrator, VAL, reacts to the player’s decisions and helps with malicious comments.
7. FIFA 21
FIFA 21 Next Level Edition, PS5 is perfect for all gaming kids worldwide.
The Next Level in FIFA 21 on PS5 takes you from visual to visceral.
The next level of technology unlocked by the new generation’s power enables you to play, see, and move in ultra-realistic stadiums of Football that immerse you in the most true-to-life experience.
- Matchday Experience – Immerse into the sights and sounds. See team buses arrive before kick-off, feel the buzz through the turnstiles, and watch players pass through the media zone.
- Big Goal Moments – Feel the explosive emotion and drama of a last-minute winner
- Atmospheric Audio – Next-gen brings you the ultimate EA Sports Atmospheric Audio experience.
- Haptic Technology – Feel the rhythm of the game in your hands with immersive controller haptics.
- Next Level Player Realism enhanced physical battles.
- Feel the emotion of professional football with Off-Ball Humanisation.
- Lightning Fast Load Times – From Kick-Off to Career Mode, focus on the upcoming match as the match begins in seconds with unprecedented speed.
8. The Pathless
The Pathless is a fantasy game. It is a visual stunner with its puzzle-platforming gameplay mechanics. The Pathless is a decidedly chill experience that’s worth a pick.
- Cleanse the Land – Explore the mysterious open world with epic boss encounters.
- Choose your path – Chart your adventure-filled course.
- Stunning Vistas – Dash through a gorgeous dark forest to the snow-covered mountain top.
- Avian Ally – Use your eagle companion to solve puzzles and explore the mysteries of the world.
9. Monster Truck Championship
Monster Truck Championship is the latest next-gen launch, with the big-wheeled simulation racer running.
Monster Truck Championship allows players to participate in frenzied races, pulling off believable aerial and ground moves and learning unique physics.
- Eighteen different monster trucks – Personalize your truck with over 50 customizable components.
- Experience up to 25 unique arenas.
- Compete in 3 different monster Truck leagues.
- Online Multiplayer Mode – Play with up to 7 friends.
10. Puyo Puyo Tetris 2
Find the ultimate puzzle match! Japan’s beloved Puyo Puyo puzzle game series and the world-renowned Tetris game franchise collaborated to deliver fun in Puyo Puyo Tetris 2.
- Easy Playing – Match same-colored Puyos or complete a line of blocks to clear your board and dump Garbage into the opponent’s game.
- Play Offline or Online – There are loads of modes that allow you to play the way you want, from single-player.
- Brand-New Skill Battle Mode – Introduction of character-based skills that quickly turn the tables on a match, including Item Cards to power up your team.
- Vibrant characters and an all-new story adventure
- Improved Online Mode – It offers competition in game-specific leagues and Free Play for up to 4 players.
11. Fortnite – The Last Laugh Bundle
A mastermind of chaos, the Joker is joined by adversaries. Genius comes in many forms – dangerously funny, creating havoc, or flooding the island; it often comes along with a companion: madness.
- Fortnite: The Last Laugh Bundle will consist of 1,000 V-Bucks.
- Get three outfits: The Joker, Poison Ivy, and Midas Rex.
- Three Back Blings: Laugh Riot (reactive), Midas Crest, and Back Bloom.
- Four Pickaxes: The Joker’s Revenger, Bad Joke, Kingmaker, and Ivy Axe.
|Godfall: Ascended Edition
|Action and Adventure
|Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales
|Action and Adventure
|The Nioh Collection
|Role-Playing & Fighting
|NBA 2K21 Mamba Forever Edition
|Madden NFL 21
|Sackboy: A Big Adventure
|Assassin's Creed Valhalla
|Action and Adventure
|Watch Dogs: Legion
How About PlayStation VR Games for Kids?
Virtual reality (VR) is here to stay. It is one of the most incredible innovations in visual technology, which is finding increasing applications.
One of the most popular uses of VR technology has been video gaming. Sony PlayStation VR, or PSVR for short, is a virtual reality headset that is compatible with PS4 and PS5 consoles.
Sony’s PlayStation VR offers high-quality VR gaming without needing a PC with high-end specs.
If you’ve been searching for the best virtual reality games out there, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we have listed the best PlayStation VR games for kids.
Top PlayStation VR Games for Kids
Let’s take a closer look at our selection of the best PlayStation VR games for kids:
1 – Star Wars: Squadrons
Star Wars: Squadron teaches you to become a master of starfighter combat. This incredibly fast multiplayer game features incredibly realistic space dogfights and tests to see whether you have what it takes to be a starfighter pilot.
You begin your journey by joining the most elite space force at a point in time after the events of the Return of the Jedi.
You can join the New Republic and fight for freedom, or you can side with the Empire and help maintain order in the galaxy.
The following features are why Star Wars is our top choice for best PlayStation VR games for kids:
- PS Plus required to play online e
- Online play optional
- VR Headset enabled
- Supports up to 10 online players with PS Plus
- PS4 Pro enhanced
- Remote Play supported
- DUALSHOCK 4 vibration
2 – Marvel’s Iron Man VR
Put on your PSVR headsets and become the Armored Avenger in Marvel’s original Iron Man adventure.
The game immerses the player in Tony Stark’s experience as he fights the mysterious Ghost.
The nefarious hacker and anti-corporate activist are out to revitalize the Stark Industries weapons program and Iron Man needs to stop him before that.
- VR headset enabled
- PS Camera required
- PS Move controller required
3 – No Man’s Sky
No Man’s Sky is incredibly vivid and realistic. The game is all about exploring the vastness of deep space, discovering new planets and solving strange mysteries.
The player begins the gameplay from the edge of the Euclid galaxy and carves out their interstellar path through the immense universe.
The game features an innovative procedurally generated universe and a limitless variety of different star systems, rare and valuable materials, trading with aliens and populating entire planets.
- Trigger effect and vibration function needed
- Supports up to 4 online players with PS Plus
- Online play optional
- PS Plus required for online play
4 – Until You Fall
Until You Fall is an incredible mix of fantasy and synth-wave. This physically active hack-and-slash game takes you through battles in vivid neon environments as you strike and defeat magical monsters.
This hack-and-slash roguelite is an arcade-inspired VR game that offers players the chance to find and adopt their unique fighting style and becomes stronger with every victory.
The synthwave soundtrack guides your movements as you attack, cast spells, block and dodge your way through each fight against sinister monsters in this neon-filled world.
- Offline play enabled
- Requires PlayStation VR headset
- Requires PS camera
- Requires PS Move controller
- Supports 2 PS Move motion controllers
5 – Dreams
Dreams VR game is an incredibly innovative and ever-expanding game universe where players discover and display their hidden creative talents.
The game allows you to unleash your creativity upon the world. Numerous tools let you shape, create and share games, paintings, music, sculpture, animation, movies and everything in between.
Dreams offers you an extraordinary digital platform where almost anything is possible. Create, conceive and share your art and talent with the vast gaming community.
- PS VR headset enabled
- PS 4 Pro enhanced
- PS Move controller optional
When enjoyed responsibly, gaming can be fun and super entertaining for the whole family. Just make sure you supervise your kids while they play, especially if they are connected to the network. I recommend offline games (local games) for kids who are younger than 13 years old.
Sony PlayStation is a leading video gaming console for gamers around the world.
Now, thanks to the incredible selection of VR games out in the market, you can find some of the most immersive, creative and educational VR games on the PlayStation platform.
Choose from a large variety of genres and immerse yourself in the innovative virtual world of PlayStation gaming.
You don’t have to own a PlayStation console to enjoy virtual reality games. Many other cheap VR headsets are compatible with PC gaming.