Connect Airpods to Apple TV?
Even though Apple’s wireless AirPods look normal, they are actually computers in your ears. They came out in 2016, and Apple has been working on them to make sure they have a clear quality. You can connect them to your iPhone, iPad, and Mac, but you might not know that you can also connect them to your Apple TV.
At first glance, connecting your AirPods to your Apple TV might seem strange, but trust me, it has a lot of benefits. Since the AirPods have a noise-canceling feature, they are the best choice if you live on a busy street or with noisy roommates. Also, if you want to get that feeling of intimacy by having your ears sealed with the noise cancellation option, AirPods would be a great fit for that.
Any AirPods model can connect to any Apple TV model, but if you want the best experience, you should get an Apple TV 4K and AirPods 3 or AirPods Pro 2 because they both support Dolby Atmos, which gives you richer sound. But if you have AirPods Pro 2 or AirPods Max, you can choose the level of noise cancellation directly from the Apple TV menu.
AirPods can connect to nearby Apple devices, but you have to manually connect the Apple TV. This article will show you how to set up your AirPods and Apple TV and how to connect them through iCloud step by step.
Connecting AirPods to Apple TV
1. Put your AirPods in their case. This may seem simple, but if your AirPods are already paired with another device, they won’t work with your TV.
2. Use the Apple remote or your iPhone to go to the settings on your Apple TV. Then, find the silver gear icon in the App screen on your Apple TV’s home screen and click on it.
3. Scroll down to Remotes & Devices in the list of settings. The Bluetooth option is under the Remote settings in the section called “Other Devices.”
NOTE: Any AirPods that are already paired and are in range will be shown in the “Not Connected” list.
4. Open the case and put the AirPods in your ears. Hold down the button on the back of the case for a long moment until the white light on the front of the case starts to flash.
After that, your AirPods will show up in the “Other Devices” section of your TV. Select them with your remote, and they will move into the “My Devices” section and say “Connected.”
If you want to, you can choose your AirPods from that menu. This will take you to another menu where you can disconnect or even unpair them completely, along with any other device linked to the owner’s Apple ID.
Using AirPods that have already been paired with an Apple TV
If you follow the steps above, Apple TV will remember your AirPods for the next time you use them. However, if you want to switch the audio to your already-paired AirPods, you can do so by following these steps.
1. Go to settings and choose Video and Audio.
2. Select “Audio Output.” This should be at the top of the “Audio” menu. By default, it will be set to your TV speakers or whatever else you use to watch TV.
Scroll down until you see “Temporary Audio Output” and then click on it.
3. Open the case for your AirPods. This will make your AirPods show up in the list of available devices. You can now choose to use your AirPods, and a volume bar will appear so you can see how loud it is before it hurts your ears.
How to use two AirPods with an Apple TV
Apple’s new “Share Audio” feature lets you share your Bluetooth audio with a second set of wireless headphones. This is a great feature that would let you watch a movie with a friend without bothering other people.
This feature works under some conditions:
1. Connect your first pair of AirPods to your Apple TV using Bluetooth or your Apple ID.
2. Connect the second pair of AirPods to an iPhone, iPad, or iPod, or put them near an Apple TV.
After you are all set, you are ready to pair it by following these steps:
1. Press and hold the Home button on your Apple TV remote.
2. Click on the AirPlay icon.
3. Find the first pair of AirPods that you are willing to use, and then choose to Share Audio.
4. Place the second set of AirPods near the Apple TV.
5. Choose Temporarily Share Audio.
AirPods are great to use, but if you knew everything they could do, it would be a game changer for you. For example, you could use it with your Apple TV to get high-quality sound right in your ears without disturbing anyone else.
Also, the Share Audio feature is a great way to watch your favorite late-night TV show with a friend without waking up everyone in the room.