How to Connect Samsung TV to Alexa?
How to Connect Samsung TV to Alexa? Well, you might be interested in the same as it makes life easier, comfortable and great fun.
Undoubtedly, Amazons’ Alexa is taking the world by storm with its ability to perform numerous incredible tasks.
With Alexa built-in on Samsung TVs, one can now control and access it via voice commands to change the channel, search for movies and shows, play and pause the video, open apps, control volume up and down, and more.
How to connect Samsung TV to Alexa? – Compatibility
Ideally, TVs manufactured in 2018 or later have more functionality. Initially, the Alexa process worked for a TV dated August 2017; therefore, TVs after that are mostly compatible.
A recently purchased Samsung TV has a good chance of supporting Amazon Alexa and SmartThings.
Some TVs allow speaking to Alexa hands-free, that is, without using the remote.
When TV does not have Alexa built-in, the virtual assistant can be utilized through Echo speaker, another Alexa device, that helps control compatible smart home devices and some experiences on TV.
The following Samsung TVs have Alexa built-in:
- All 2021 smart TV models
- 2020 The Serif, The Sero, The Frame, and The Terrace TVs
- 2020 8K and 4K QLED TVs
- 2020 TU8000 and above Crystal UHD TVs
The TVs that allow talking to Alexa hands-free are:
Note: The range of Alexa hands-free is usually within 5 feet (1.5 meters). Therefore, make sure that while talking to Alexa, you are within this range of the remote.
The microphone button on the remote can also be used to talk to Alexa.
If you are unsure if your model will work with Alexa, you can check your model number and its information on the Samsung website or the SmartThings app.
The model number can be found on the back of the TV, on the product information label.
How to Connect Samsung TV to Alexa? – Step-by-Step Process
Smart Samsung TVs, when connected or integrated to Alexa, offers astonishing benefits.
Before moving further, make sure there is a stable internet connection, a Samsung SmartThings app, and an Amazon Alexa app installed on a mobile phone.
Follow the step-by-step guideline to attain a successful connection of your Smart Samsung TV and Alexa.
Step 1 – Set up Smart Samsung TV and Alexa Device
Set up your Smart Samsung TV and ensure it is functioning well. Switch on the TV, sign in to your Samsung Account, complete the initial setup and connect it to your wireless network.
On the other hand, set up an Amazon Alexa device. Ensure it is powered on, connect it to a power source, and connect it to the same Wi-Fi network, to which your Samsung Smart TV is attached.
Step 2 – Connect Smart Samsung TV to SmartThings Hub
Connect SmartThings Hub to the same Wi-Fi network your TV is linked to. To attach both of them, follow the below steps:
- Power on your Samsung TV and turn it on using Samsung remote power button
- Press the Menu button on the remote
- Navigate to Smart Hub
- Select Samsung Account and Sign-In
- Check for your Smart Samsung TV on your installed Samsung SmartThing mobile app.
- Tap on it, and it will connect your Samsung TV to SmartThings Hub.
Step 3: Launching the apps
Sign into TV with your Samsung account. Prepare the Samsung SmartThings app and Amazon Alexa app to synchronize these two devices using your phone.
Download the Samsung SmartThings app from the store. Sign in using the same account information that you used for your TV’s Samsung account and the Amazon account.
Similarly, download and launch the Amazon Alexa app.
Step 4: Find your Samsung TV in the Samsung SmartThings App
Discover Samsung TV in the Samsung SmartThings app to regard it as a basic connected smart device when connecting it to Alexa device.
- On your smartphone, open the Samsung SmartThings app
- Click on the Device menu at the bottom center of the screen.
- Click on the Add Device option
- With your TV powered on, you will be easily able to locate your device (Samsung TV)
- Pair your phone with the TV while selecting the Smart Samsung TV. Enable its use as a smart device by toggling the button next to it.
Step 5: Connecting Alexa to Samsung SmartThings
Enable the Samsung SmartThings skill in the Amazon Alexa app and link the accounts by signing in with your Samsung account.
- Launch the Amazon Alexa app on a smartphone and open it
- Click on the menu option at the top-left corner of the screen
- Select the Smart Home
- In the search bar, type Samsung SmartThings and select it
- Click on Enable to use it
- A new sign-in window to your Samsung SmartThings will appear
- Enter the login credentials and enter sign in
- This will link the accounts.
Step 6: Select Smart Samsung TV in Alexa app
After enabling the Samsung SmartThings skill, select your Samsung TV. Alexa will get automatically connected to your Samsung TV, and here you go!
Use Alexa to control your Smart Samsung TV with your voice. You can power on and off your TV, adjust the volume, and switch to different channels.
While thinking of how to connect Samsung TV to Alexa, the first thing that strikes the mind is – using its mind-blowing feature of voice control for functioning.
By setting up the SmartThings skill and SmartThings app, you can use your Samsung TV with an Alexa-enabled device.
Connecting these smart home products offer greater convenience while using your television.
So, are you still scrambling to find your misplaced remote to switch off your television? Well, just give commands such as “Power off” and enjoy your comfort!