Best Lenses for Food Videography – Overview
5 best lenses for food videography – This is the big question when you are looking to grab the video of your favorite food. You already have bought the camera body and now it’s time for the lenses. If you haven’t done so check out the best cameras for cooking videos.
Talking about the lenses is another great investment based on the body brand you already have. Maybe it’s Canon, Nikon, or any other camera brand; the lenses have to be compatible with the main camera.
Therefore, it is advisable to gain more knowledge about the lenses that you require to capture still photos or make videos.
If it is food videography, focusing on every food item is necessary. Do proper research before purchasing the lenses for your camera body.
5 Best Lenses for Food Videography – The List
Choosing the sensor is one important factor along with how much focal length or aperture the lens has.
For food videography, you will require a macro lens, a wide-angle lens, as well as a zoom lens. Here, telephoto won’t do wonders as you are not shooting objects or food from a distance.
If you are wholehearted to do food videography, here are some of the top lenses which you can pick from.
Canon brings the best of videography with a redesigned EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM lens. Along with the superb optics the lens provides, it does offer high-end and durable usage.
It is built to last as a professional zoom lens. Now all your food recipe videos will be grabbed by this performance lens.
Further, it features a large aperture utilizing UD lens elements. The video will be free from any kind of color blurring or aberration using the wide-angle camera.
- Large aperture of 24-70 mm with a focal length of 1:2.8
- Lens equipped with 18 elements in several groups
- Excellent focusing adjustment with USM
The Sony full-frame E-mount wide-angle prime lens has an advanced optical design. It can deliver outstanding videography with corner-to-corner resolution.
The lens includes extreme aspherical and extra-low dispersion glass elements. Meanwhile, the wide F/1.4 aperture is capable of delivering bokeh shots.
- Offers robust handling and reliability being dust and moisture resistant
- An ideal lens for night photography, videography if the footage has to be taken outdoors in the night sky.
- Suppresses flares and any kind of reflections that result in ghosting
You cannot go wrong with this Canon lens as it has outstanding image and video quality. With the macro magnification ratio of 1:1, videography of the food can add real life to it.
Further, it can be used for portrait work and best suited for handheld videography. The hybrid image stabilization with its lightweight design makes it a perfect prime macro lens.
- Lens with a focal length of 100mm and 15 elements in several groups
- Closest focusing distance of 0.3m to pop out the videos of food and dishes
- Sophisticated image stabilization with a mid-telephoto macro lens
- Ultrasonic focusing for real-life close-up capabilities
A true flagship lens designed by Sigma with state-of-the-art capabilities with full-frame cameras. With a unique concept of the lens the 35mm focal length is capable of artistic expressions.
Further, it is equipped with a floating internal focusing system that helps in quiet, high speed, and accurate videography. Even the subjects are kept at a closer distance, the optical performance is up to the mark.
High-speed focusing and large aperture with Sigma technology
- Inner focusing system for better footage equipped with a hypersonic motor
- Wide-angle superior lens supporting Canon DSLR
A great camera lens with a wide aperture and low light capabilities. The autofocus NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G fixed lens is a fast and compact prime lens. Being a mid-range telephoto lens it can take the best footage for food and dishes.
You can shoot HD videos in low-light scenarios along with wide-open portrait shots. Further, the shallow depth of field helps in blurring the subjects from the background. It allows highlighting your favorite food.
- Lens with fast aperture and medium telephoto lens
- Has internal focus with a silent wave motor.
- Better suited for Nikon DSLR cameras
- 85mm fixed lens with a minimum focus range of 0.8m
There you are! So you have got the best camera lens options for food videography. Pick the best according to your camera body either Canon, Nikon, or Sony. Choosing the right lens will give you the best of videography. GO FOR IT!