Best Camera for Landscape Photography – Overview
Gone are the days when you had to deal with limited features and options while taking shots on your camera. Landscape Photography requires special cameras as you have to deal with different locations. If you are starting your career in landscape photography, and wondering about what is the best camera for landscape photography, then here’s your answer.
We all know the ongoing competition in the market.
We have numerous brands in the market with so many options, and for that reason, choosing the right camera for landscape photography can be a little difficult task for beginners.
To help you get a suitable camera for landscape photography, here we have listed the top-rated DSLR Cameras that can be helpful to you throughout your journey. Let’s check them out now!
Best Cameras for Landscape Photography
As noted above, the market is full of different types of cameras from world-class brands. It is important for you to choose the camera that suits your basic needs. You should not go for the latest models, which are usually very expensive if they do not satisfy your needs.
It is better for you to understand your basic needs first and then search for a compatible camera in the market. Here, we have picked the highly recommended DSLRs for Landscape Photographers.
1. Canon EOS 5DS R
The Canon EOS 5DS R camera is the preferred choice of many beginner photographers as it is packed with all the latest features to take all types of photos.
The camera features a 50.6 MP full-frame CMOS sensor and is compatible with a range of lenses to take the perfect landscape shots. Let’s check out the key specifications of this camera.
- 50.6 Full-frame CMOS Sensor
- Dual DIGIC 6 Image Processor
- Canceled Low-pass Effect for sharp landscape photographs
- Built-in advanced photography modes
- Takes photos at 50 Megapixel
- Records full HD resolution videos at 1080 pixels
- 5fps continuous shooting mode
- 3.2” LCD Screen acts as a real-time viewfinder
- Default Anti-flicker function
2. Sony Alpha a7R II Mirrorless Digital Camera
Sony is yet another popular brand in the industry, with a range of digital cameras for all types of users. The brand is known for its range of mirrorless cameras.
The Sony Alpha a7R II Mirrorless digital camera is currently the best-selling model in the world. It has got some extraordinary features which is why it stood on the list of the best-selling cameras in 2020. Let’s check out the key specifications of this camera.
- Features 42MP Full-Frame Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor
- An advanced BIONZ X Image Processor
- Perfect pictures with an ISO range of up to 102,400
- Five-axis SteadyShot INSIDE image stabilization
- 5 fps continuous shooting
- Upgraded autofocus system
- 3” Electronic ViewFinder
- Records external videos at full 4K resolution
- Features tilting LCD screen
3. Nikon D850
Full-frame cameras are highly recommended for professional landscape photography. Full-frame cameras have the ability to cover the entire landscape so you don’t have to buy an external camera for this specific photography genre.
The Nikon D850 is one of the most popular choices among professional photographers. The following list of its key specifications will help you to understand why it is quite popular in the market!
- Features a 45.7 Full-frame CMOS Sensor
- 153-point Autofocus System
- EXSPEED 5 Image Processor
- Lower ISO with Greater Dynamic Range
- Built-in 3” tilting touchscreen
- Advanced autofocus engine
- Records videos at 4K resolution
- 7fps burst shooting i.e., continuous shooting
- Interval timer to record 8K time-lapse videos
4. Fujifilm XT3
Fujifilm is still known as one of the best DSLR manufacturers in the world. The brand still has got millions of its fanboys across the globe. The Fujifilm XT3 is the best choice available from the brand if you are searching for a mirrorless camera for landscape photography.
The following list of its key specifications will help you to figure out why you should go with this camera!
- 26.1mp x-trans CMOS 4 sensor
- X-Processor 4 Image Processor
- Built-in HDMI output with full mirrorless lens support
- Records videos at full 4K resolution
- 2.16 M Phase Detection
- OLED Color ViewFinder with 3” touchscreen tilting screen
- Supports high-speed continuous shoot up to 30 fps
- Built-in sports finder mode for action shooting
- Enhanced autofocus for moving objects
5. Nikon Z7
Nikon Z7 is the company’s first Fx-format mirrorless camera. It packs a 45.7 Megapixel sensor with the capability of taking highly professional shots. The camera comes with all the latest features and functions that make it the best choice for the landscape photographer. Let’s see some of the key specifications of this camera.
- 45.7MP effective FX-Format BSI CMOS Sensor
- Upgraded EXPEED 6 Image Processing Engine
- Built-in VGA Electronic Viewfinder
- Ability to record 4K and 8K time-lapse
- 493-point phase-detection system for sharp image quality
- 3.2” Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity options
That’s all about the best camera for landscape photography. We have enlisted five of the best and highly recommended DSLR cameras from trusted brands to take professional-grade landscape shots.
You can explore the list well, know about the primary key specifications of each camera above, and go with the one that suits your basic needs of taking landscape photographs. If you have anything to suggest, feel free to let us know in the comments section!