How to Connect Canon Camera to iPhone
If you want to take a reliable shortcut to connect your Canon camera to the iPhone using this adapter from Apple.
Optionally you can connect your camera to the iPhone via the Canon Camera Connect app although a wired connection with an Apple adapter is more reliable.
Also, it’s good to keep in mind that this app is not compatible with all Canon cameras. You can download it on your iPhone or iPad and even on your Android devices for free.
The models that support the Canon camera Connect app include EOS M2, 6D, Powershot point, and shoot cameras and the EOS 70D model.
Using this app, you will be able to download the photos from the camera to the iPhone and also use your portable device as a remote control for your Canon camera.
Steps regarding “How to Connect Canon Camera to iPhone”?
On your phone:
- Download the Canon Camera Connect application from the Apple App Store and Install it.
- Next, open the app to configure the WiFi and Bluetooth connection.
- The app will now ask permission to send you notifications, access your photos and GPS location. Hit “Allow” for all of the prompts.
- Enable Bluetooth.
On your camera:
- Switch on your camera and go to the menu button.
- Go to the Functions Settings menu that has the icon of a spanner.
- Tap on the “Wireless communication settings” to enable the camera Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
- Go to the “Nickname” menu to give your camera a name to be known by in your iPhone. Click “MENU ok” to confirm the name.
- Head to the “Bluetooth function” menu and click “Smartphone”.
- To kick off the pairing process, tap “Pairing”.
- The display will now show you the following message: Install Camera Connect on the smartphone. Display QR code for download site?
- Click on “Do not display” since we already have it downloaded on our iPhone.
- Now head back to your Apple device and make sure that the Canon Camera Connect app is open.
- Shortly, you will see that the device detects the camera’s Bluetooth signal. Now accept the Bluetooth pairing request by clicking on “Pair”.
- Approve the connection on the camera.
After following these steps, both your devices will confirm the establishment of a successful connection. It is now time to set up the WiFi connection between your Canon and iPhone.
- On your camera, go back to the previous menu and click on “WiFi” settings and “Enable”.
- Once activated, go back to the app on your phone and tap “Images on camera”.
- Now the camera creates a secure password-protected WiFi network for you to connect
- Tap the “Copy Password” button.
- Visit “Settings” on your Apple mobile and click on WiFi. Tap on your canon camera network and paste the password on the password field.
- Tap “Join”.
- Your Canon camera screen will now show you a confirmation of the connection established.
Now that you have followed all the steps, if you open the Canon Connect Camera app again, you will be able to see all the pictures stored in your camera’s memory card.
You may choose to download the images to your iPhone as well.
To remotely capture images using the remote live view function, go back to the main menu of the app and hit the “Remote live view shooting button”.
This will switch the camera to live view. Now, if you take any images with your camera, they will automatically get saved on your iPhone’s memory card.
To disconnect the WiFi and hand over the connection to low-energy Bluetooth, go to the main screen of the app and close the WiFi connection button.
You will find it as a small cross to the right of the camera icon. You will see the active Bluetooth connection again shortly.
The whole process is straightforward and will barely take you 10-15 minutes.