How to Screen Record on iPhone? – Overview
iPhone screen record is a feature that comes in handy in various instances. For instance, you might want to record a tutorial for a productivity application like Microsoft Excel and send it to someone or share it on a social app like Instagram or YouTube.
You might also want to record your iPhone screen while on a video call on an application like Apple’s own video caller, FaceTime, and other apps like WhatsApp, Zoom, etc. After recording your screen, you can decide to save it in your internal memory or send it to a loved one.
This review will discuss how to activate the iPhone screen record feature in settings and how to conduct a standard screen record. We’ll also discuss how to activate the built-in mic so that you can record both audio and video while recording your screen. Let’s go!
How to Activate Screen Record in iPhone Settings
The first thing you should do to screen record on your iPhone is check if the screen recording button appears in your Control Center. To check if this option is activated on your iPhone:
1. Open the ‘Settings‘ app and tap on ‘Control Center.’
2. If you can see the screen recording option, proceed to the section below. If you don’t see this option, look for the screen record option in the section titled ‘More Controls‘ and tap on the green plus sign next to the screen record option.
3. This option will move up to your Control Center. You also have the option to drag the screen record button and place it anywhere in your Control Center. So that’s about it; now, let’s look at how to use this feature to record your screen.
How to Record Your iPhone Screen (Video Only)
Now that you’ve activated the screen record option follow these steps:
1. Launch the Control Center on your iPhone. If you have an iPhone 10 and above, swipe down from the upper-right corner of your screen. On the other hand, if you have an iPhone 8 and below, swipe up from anywhere at the bottom of your screen.
2. Next, tap on the screen record button.
3. Once you tap the button, you should see a timer inside the button. The timer gives you time to close the control center and go back to the app you want to screen record. To make this step easier, have the app you want to screen record open beforehand.
4. A red bar will appear at the top of your screen when recording commences.
5. To stop recording, tap on the red bar. A pop-up notification should appear on your screen to confirm you want to stop recording. Tap ‘Stop‘ to end your recording and ‘Cancel‘ if you accidentally tap the red bar.
6. Finally, you should see a pop-up informing you that your screen recording has been saved. You can open the ‘Photos‘ app to play or edit the recording.
How to Record Your iPhone Screen (Audio and Video)
When you are screen recording, you might want to include audio. Maybe you’re recording a FaceTime with a loved one and want to include sound to help you enjoy it later. Fortunately, Apple now allows you to use the built-in microphone.
1. Swipe down from the upper-right corner or bottom of your screen.
2. Next, press and hold the screen record button.
3. Now, you should see the microphone option. Tap on it to switch on the mic.
4. Finally, tap on ‘Start Recording.’
5. Now, you can record audio played by your iPhone and audio in your surroundings, such as your voice, sound from your home theatre, TV, etc.
6. Again, to stop recording, tap on the red bar at the top of your screen.
Troubleshooting iPhone Screen Record Problems
Cant Screen Record While Playing Games
If you want to screen record while playing a game and you’re experiencing issues, you most likely haven’t activated screen record in the ‘Game Center.’ So open the settings app, enter ‘Game Center’ in the search bar, look for the screen record option and activate it.
Reboot Your iPhone
Your iPhone might not commence recording your screen due to UI (user interface) issues. The best way to fix such issues is by simply rebooting your iPhone.
Sometimes, the screen record feature might not work because your iPhone has a pending iOS update. So check if any new iOS updates are available and install them.
In conclusion, recording your iPhone screen is relatively easy, as illustrated above. Thanks to constant iOS updates, Apple has now included the option to record your iPhone screen as well as audio playing on the phone and sound from your surroundings.