How to Connect a Printer to an iPhone? Getting Started
Wireless printing is one of the best, most suitable features iPhones offer. Without ever leaving your couch or desk, you can print files, pictures, web pages, and more.
Once you’ve connected your iPhone to your printer, you only need to tap your screen a few times. If you have a printer compatible with AirPrint, then printing content from an iPhone is a walk in the park.
You’ll find that most Wi-Fi-enabled printers offer AirPrint compatibility.
If your printer doesn’t feature AirPrint compatibility but still has Wi-Fi print capabilities, you can still be able to print remotely from an iPhone using a companion 3rd party app.
What is AirPrint?
AirPrint is a wireless protocol that allows Apple devices to print wirelessly. The AirPrint feature is somewhat a universal driver because it allows iPads, iPhones, or iPods to print wirelessly without actually needing to install printer drivers on the device.
What to Do Before You Start Printing
Ensure Your Printer Is Functional
Do you own an AirPrint-compatible printer, but it’s not appearing on your iPhone? Ensure you’ve connected the printer to power and switched it on, for starters.
Some printers usually enter a ‘low-power mode’ or ‘sleep mode’ after a specific period of inactivity.
Confirm Your Printer Has AirPrint Compatibility
Is your printer not appearing on your iPhone? It could be because your printer doesn’t have AirPrint compatibility. Check the printer’s body or manual for the; ‘Works with Apple AirPrint’ label. However, there are other ways of checking if your printer is compatible with AirPrint. Check the AirPrint info page on the Apple website or check the printer’s maker website.
Connect your iPhone and printer to the Same Wi-Fi
For your iPhone to discover the printer, both devices must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. If your printer is AirPrint compatible, go to the printer’s network settings and ensure that Wi-Fi is activated. Most importantly, ensure your printer is connected to the same wireless network as your iPhone if you have a couple of networks in your home or office.
How to connect and Print a Webpage on iPhone
After counter-checking all the issues above, open the content you want to print from your iPhone. In this context, let’s look at your webpage.
- Click on the ‘Share’ button. This button looks like an arrow shooting out of a box. This is in the address bar on Chrome or at the bottom of your screen on Safari.
- Then scroll down and click on ‘Print.’ This option is close to the bottom of your screen.
- Next, click on the printer you want to use. You can choose the printer by clicking on ‘Printer’ at the top of your screen. As illustrated above, if you can’t see your printer on the list that appears on your screen, ensure that it’s in discoverable mode.
- Then click on the print options at the top of your screen; you can decide how many copies you want, the hue (black and white or colored), the paper size, the print size, and more. You can view each page at the bottom, and you can scroll through as well.
- You can also click on each image on the page to skip or stop printing after that page.
- Finally, click on ‘Print’ this option in the upper-left corner of your screen.
How to connect and Print Photos on iPhone
- Launch the photo app and click on the photo you want to print from your iPhone. You can get the photo you want to print by clicking on ‘Photos’ and then ‘All Photos.’ You can also click on ‘Select’ in the upper-right corner and select several images at once.
- Next, click on the ‘Share’ in the bottom corner of your screen. This is the button that looks like shooting up out of a box. This is in the bottom-left corner of your screen.
- Scroll down and click on ‘Print.’ This option is close to the bottom of your screen.
- Click on your ‘Print’ options at the top of your screen, where you can pick the number of copies you want to print, the color, paper size, and more.
- Finally, click on ‘Print.’ This option is in the top-right corner of your screen.
As you can see, it’s easy to link an iPhone to a printer and print your emails, photos, and more.
We have also shown you how to correct some common issues when printing iPhone content. So now you can fire up your printer and start printing from your iPhone.