Is the Canon G7X Mark II good for Vlogging?
Canon is undoubtedly the best brand in the world when it comes to buying a new camera. If you were looking for a new camera for your Vlogging career and got confused with “Is the Canon G7X Mark II good for Vlogging?” question, then here we have tried our best to give you a suitable answer to make your wish of buying the Canon G7X Mark II fulfilled.
Canon G7X Mark II Design
Canon G7X Mark II has gained massive popularity among vloggers because of its top-end features packed within a pocket-friendly design. It’s a handy camera that lets you take pictures and record videos with just one hand. The company has redesigned the body, which is now more comfortable and easy to hold.
The Canon G7X Mark II boasts a set of advanced features to fulfill your desire to record videos and take high-quality shots. What makes this camera a unique choice among professionals is the lens size. It features a small-sized lens of less than 1 inch size. It is very small that it can fit in a small pocket.
Compared to the previous edition, the Canon G7X Mark II brings a lot of upgrades and improvements. Redefined sturdy design, sharp image quality, high-quality videos and many other features of the camera make it an ideal choice for Vloggers.
There comes a time when you need a handy camera to take a sharp shot of the scene or to record something from the environment. You can’t take quick shots or record videos from a high-end DSLR. This is when a handy camera like Canon G7X Mark II comes in. You can get perfect shots with the super-zoom capability of this camera.
Canon G7X Mark II with Flip Screen
Moreover, the camera features a standard 3” touchscreen display that acts as a viewfinder. You can get to see what your camera is recording through this screen. What’s surprising here is the 3” touchscreen of the camera is a tilting screen. You can adjust the viewing angle of the screen through this tilting screen which is also known as the flip screen. The Canon G7X Mark II is known as the best flip screen camera for Vloggers in the present market.
Moving on to the lens, the camera features a 4.2x optical zoom of 24 – 100mm equipped with a 20.1-megapixel 1.0-inch type CMOS sensor and a new Digic 7 imaging processor. The processor acts faster to get you the best shots. With built-in Image Stabilization, you can take high-quality images for your vlogging project.
With 4.2x optical zoom, the camera can cover the far-field area to capture long-distance shots and record videos of different sceneries around. Wide-angle recording invites some distortion which you have to deal with. You can’t get ultra-sharp video recording with a maximum zoom of the camera.
With the built-in lens, the camera can take both types of images, standard JPEG images and RAW Images for professional use. It is also the best option for professional photographers and video editors who can take various shots using RAW Images and can modify those images quickly on computer software.
For your convenience, here we have enlisted the key features of this pocket-friendly camera from Canon.
- Super sturdy and pocket-friendly design
- Powerful small-sized fixed lens
- 2x Optical Zoom with built-in Image Stabilization
- Features a 3” Touchscreen LCD with a tilting feature
- Highly customizable settings option
- Captures perfect shots with the auto mode feature
- Can take RAW Images and standard JPEG images
- Records full HD videos with 1080 pixels
- Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity with a wired connection option
- 8FPS for continuous shooting of images
These are all the key features that you must know about the camera before you make your final decision while buying it from an external market.
Is the Canon G7X Mark II good for Vlogging
Since you are confused about the camera for your Vlogging career, you should also check out the limitations or, we can say, the disadvantages of this camera. We have enlisted a few limitations of this camera for your knowledge.
Limitations of Canon G7X Mark II
- You have to deal with the small-sized fixed lens of the camera. You can’t replace the built-in lens of the camera, which is why you have to compromise your shooting capability if you go out. As you learn more about photography, you will figure out the limitations of the camera.
- The Autofocus function of the camera is not that powerful. You have to focus precisely on the object to take a sharp shot. It doesn’t give you the best shots while in motion.
- While using it with maximum zoom, you can’t get high-quality videos. The video quality of the camera will be comprised while using it with a maximum zoom lens.
- The tilting touchscreen is indeed a good improvement to this edition but it has many limitations in the settings. You can adjust only a few settings through the touchscreen.
The Bottom Line:
The Canon G7X Mark II is indeed a great shooter camera for professional use. It delivers high-quality images with better colors through the built-in image stabilization feature. You can hold it comfortably with one hand to make the most of the camera, even if you are not a professional user.
The tilting touchscreen is the most powerful feature of the camera. You can take perfect shots and can adjust the default settings of the camera right from the screen using the Touch feature.
If you don’t want to go with the expensive DSLRs with an interchangeable lens or mirrorless camera, then Canon G7X Mark II is just the right option for you. It also suits your budget and fulfills all your desires to become a professional video shooter for your own Vlogging career!