When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Here’s how it works.
How to Setup Wi-Fi on Honeywell Thermostat? – Getting Started
When you buy a Honeywell thermostat for your home, you need to set it up on a Wi-Fi connection.
Depending on the type of your thermostat, how to set up Wi-Fi on the Honeywell thermostat is an easy and quick process. You can either buy a touchscreen or a non-touchscreen thermostat.
The Process Of Connecting A Honeywell Thermostat To Wi-Fi
Touchscreen Honeywell Thermostat
- Tap the Menu on the Honeywell thermostat screen.
- On the dropdown box that appears, tap Wi-Fi-Setup.
- A list of available networks to connect to will appear. Choose and tap on your Wi-Fi network (SSID).
- Enter the password of your Wi-Fi network.
- Tap Next after entering your password. Your thermostat will connect to your Wi-Fi network and show on the screen that it has connected successfully.
Non-Touchscreen Honeywell Thermostat
If you buy a non-touchscreen Honeywell thermostat, you will first get your thermostat to Wi-Fi set up mode. The screen on the thermostat will display ‘’Wi-Fi Setup’’.
To get your thermostat in the Wi-Fi setup mode, press the UP and FAN buttons simultaneously for five seconds until two numbers appear on the screen.
Press the Next button until the two numbers on the left of the screen turn to 39. Then, press the DOWN arrow until the number on the right changes to 0.
Press the DONE button to get your Honeywell thermostat into Wi-Fi setup mode and to return to the main screen.
- Download the Honeywell Total Connect Comfort App
- Check for a new network on your smart device coming from the thermostat. It will have a name such as NewThermostat_987654321. The numbers may differ.
- Tap and connect to this network. Your device will disconnect from other networks to connect to the thermostat. Depending on your device, you may be required to label the network as Home, Office, or Public Network.
- Open your web browser. Suppose your device doesn’t automatically direct you to the Honeywell Thermostat Wi-Fi Setup Page. In that case, you may need to enter the address provided in your thermostat’s instruction manual, which could be http://192.168.1.1 or a similar IP address specific to Honeywell devices.
- Find and tap your home Wi-Fi network.
- Tap Connect and enter your password when requested.
- Wait will display on your screen as the process progresses. It will then connect to your Wi-Fi and you can control it on the app.
- Enter the details of the thermostat on the app to register it. These will include location and MAC ID.
Benefits Of Connecting Your Honeywell Thermostat To Wifi
Remote Access And Control Of Your Thermostat
When your thermostat is connected to Wifi, you can use your smartphone app to control it. You can remotely set the temperature of a room without having to do it manually on the thermostat.
When working with your app, you don’t need to be in or near your house to control your thermostat.
Easy To Maintain Your Air Conditioning System
Connecting your thermostat to Wi-Fi enables it to remind you of necessary maintenance services for your HVAC system, helping ensure you don’t overlook regular upkeep.
Your thermostat will send you reminders when you need to service your air conditioning system.
Easy To Change Thermostat Settings
The weather or temperature in the house or a room can change unexpectedly. You can change the temperature settings on your thermostat as soon as you need to.
You can use your mobile app or even voice controls.
When you connect your thermostat to Wi-Fi, you can also connect it to Voice Assistants in the house. As a result, you can adjust the thermostat settings via voice.
This allows you to adjust the temperature in your house even when you don’t have your phone near you.
Use Multiple Thermostats
By connecting your thermostat to Wi-Fi, you can use multiple thermostats. You can have the thermostats in each room of your house connected to wifi. You can control the thermostats easily through the app or voice control.
Learns Your Preferences
Many Wi-Fi-connected Honeywell thermostats offer learning capabilities, allowing them to adapt to your temperature preferences over time. However, automatic adjustments in different rooms may require compatible multi-zone systems or additional sensors.
When you buy a Honeywell thermostat, connect it to Wi-Fi for easy use. Whether you buy a touchscreen or a non-touchscreen thermostat, follow the steps above to connect it to Wi-Fi.
You will enjoy many benefits from having your Honeywell thermostat online.