How to Reboot Ring Camera – Before You Start
Are you trying to figure out how to reset Ring Spotlight Camera, but you’re not sure where to start? If so, you’ll be relieved to learn that there are a couple of different methods.
In fact, each of these methods comes in handy since they each perform a separate and unique role. The easiest way to reset the Ring Spotlight Camera is to push and hold the reset button on the camera’s top for thirty seconds, then wait for it to reset itself.
The batteries, on the other hand, can be removed and replaced. You may also disconnect and reconnect to WiFi, as well as reset the camera using the Ring app on your smartphone.
In this review, we’ll go through these reset procedures in detail. That way, you’ll know exactly how to execute each one, as well as what they do and when you’d want to use them.
Resetting the Ring Camera Via the Device
Your camera’s default settings will be restored if you perform a factory reset. This means it will revert to the settings it had when you originally bought it.
Follow the instructions below to reset your Ring Spotlight Camera manually:
- Ensure sure that the camera’s battery is fully charged.
2. Next, turn on the camera.
3. Then, press and hold the reset button on top of the camera for about 30 seconds.
4. The status light on the bottom will blink a few times after you release the reset button, signaling that your camera is rebooting.
5. The camera has now been restored to its original settings.
6. If you want to set it up again, use the Ring app to reconnect it to your WiFi network.
When you reboot your camera, it can reboot, but it will not make it through the initial setup stages.
When this happens as you attempt to reboot your camera, the easiest way to fix the issue is to uninstall and reinstall the Ring app on your smartphone.
This will allow you to connect the camera to your phone and set it up using the Ring app.
Rebooting the Ring Camera Via the Ring App
The following Ring camera reboot process comprises using the smartphone linked to the camera. Of course, granted that the Ring app is pre-installed on the smartphone.
Using your smartphone to reboot your Ring camera is easier than performing a factory reboot since you don’t have to hold down the reboot button on the camera for thirty seconds.
The process of doing this is as follows:
1. Download the Ring app on the iOS App Store (iPhone) or Play Store (Android).
2. Launch the Ring app and click on the name of the Ring camera you’d like to disconnect.
3. Next, click on ‘Device Settings’ at the bottom of the screen.
4. Then, click on ‘General Settings’ at the bottom of the ‘Settings’ list
5. Finally, click on ‘Remove This Device’ at the bottom of the ‘General Settings’ menu.
Rebooting Ring Camera by Disconnecting and Reconnecting to WiFi
Rebooting your Ring Spotlight camera can be done by simply deactivating and reactivating WiFi; basically, you’re disconnecting and reconnecting to WiFi.
1. To reconnect your camera to WiFi, head to the Ring app on your phone and click on the three lines in the upper left corner of the app menu.
2. You’ll see a list of options; from which you should click on ‘Devices.’
3. Next, select your camera from the list, and the device dashboard menu will pop up.
4. Now, you can access the WiFi settings by clicking on ‘Device Health’, and the WiFi settings menu will offer options to change WiFi or Reconnect to WiFi.
5. After you’ve disconnected and reconnected your camera to WiFi, use it as you normally would ensure its functioning properly.
Why Should You Reboot Your Ring Camera?
Rebooting a Ring camera is a simple procedure that you can perform if the camera malfunctions.
This can involve a variety of issues such as an app or WiFi connection problems, strange error texts on the app that prevent you from utilizing the camera, and a variety of other issues.
Regardless of the issue, you can often fix it by resetting the camera unless it’s a physical one that prevents the camera from switching on.
Note: When you remove your Ring camera from the Ring smartphone app, all the footage recorded by the camera will be removed as well. Therefore, confirm you’ve downloaded any footage you want then proceed to remove the camera from the app.
As you can see, there are several methods of resetting a Ring camera, including pressing the camera’s reset button, using the app and even disconnecting and reconnecting to WiFi.
Now all you need to do is pick the method that suits your best and reboot your Ring camera.
Does Ring Work With Google Home
How to Setup Smart Bulbs With Google Home
How to Pair Philips Hue Bulb to Alexa