- Part 1: Connecting to the Internet
- Part 2: Add Canon Printer to Chromebook
- Part 3: Start Printing
- Question 1: My Canon Printer is working fine with Mac but can’t connect it with Chromebook. What could be the reason?
- Question 2: Chromebook is not showing up in my Canon Printer’s Model. What should I do?
- Question 3: How do I get the information about my Canon Printer?
Google’s Chromebook runs on a unique Google Chrome Operating System. Unlike Windows and Mac PC systems, Chromebook serves a different user interface. Many Chromebook users find it difficult to do normal tasks on their Chromebook devices. The most common task that most Chromebook users are struggling with is printing a document from Chromebook.
If you owned a Chromebook and recently bought a Canon’s Printer, then this guide will help you to Connect Canon Printer to Chromebook. The aim behind coming up with this guide is to help Chromebook users get quick prints from their Chromebook using Canon’s Printer.
The connection and setup procedure of Canon’s Printer to Chromebook is a bit tricky. For that reason, we have prepared step-by-step guidelines for you.
How to Connect Canon Printer to PC?
Canon is the most popular brand in the industry with a range of the latest Printers powered by Wi-Fi connectivity. There are three different ways with which a Canon Printer user can connect it to the respective PC system.
- Using the built-in Wi-Fi connectivity
- Using the Wired Connection
- Using the compatible USB data cable
Canon Printers come with these three options to connect with the PC system. Initially, Google Chromebook was allowing users to connect the external printers using a Google Cloud Print. The Google Cloud Print is no longer available.
One can now easily establish a connection between the Canon Printer and a Chromebook to get printouts of the documents. Let’s get on to the tutorial now!
How to Connect Canon Printer to Chromebook?
Part 1: Connecting to the Internet
Canon Printers are compatible to connect with the Internet. You can either connect it using the built-in Wi-Fi button or can connect it using the Wired connection.
- Turn on the Canon’s Printer by pressing the Power button.
- Follow the instructions given in the manual to set up the connection to Wi-Fi or Wired Network. (Since every Printer is different, you have to follow the instructions given in the user manual)
- After connecting the Printer to the Network, turn on the Chromebook and sign in using the same network. Make sure that the Chromebook and the Canon’s Printer are connected on the same Network.
Part 2: Add Canon Printer to Chromebook
- Open the Chromebook and click the Profile Icon of your Chromebook Profile.
- Select the Settings option from the Profile menu.
- At the bottom of the page, you would see the Advanced option, click that option.
- You could see a Printing section here, select the Printers option from this page.
- Select Add Printer option.
- Since we have already turned on the Printer, you could see the name of the Printer you recently connected to the Internet. Select it out by clicking on its name.
- You can also add your Canon’s Printer manually by selecting the option Select a printer manufacturer and model option.
Part 3: Start Printing
After establishing the connection, you can start printing your documents using your Chromebook.
To get a print of the current page, just press Control+ P and select an appropriate destination folder to print that page from the connected Printer.
This is how you can connect a Canon Printer to a Chromebook. If you are unable to locate the name of your Printer on the list, then go with the manual method to add your printer to Chromebook. The following steps will show you how you can connect a Canon Printer to Chromebook Manually.
How to Connect Canon Printer to Chromebook Manually?
Due to some reason, you will not be able to locate the name of your Printer in the list presented by the Chromebook. In this case, you have to connect the Printer with the manual method. The required steps to connect a Canon Printer to Chromebook manually are listed below:
- Turn on the Chromebook and click your Profile’s Icon to open the Settings menu.
- Select the Settings option and then click the Advanced option to open up the Advanced Settings for the Chromebook device.
- Select the Printers option from the Printing section of this page and then click the Add Printer option.
- Select Add Nearby Printers to add the Canon’s Printer manually to the Chromebook. To do so, you have to add the Printer’s information manually. The fields will be asked to enter the details of the printer such as the name of the printer, the IP Address, etc. You can get the details about the printer right from the user manual. You can also get the information about the printer from Canon’s official website by entering the name or the product code.
- After entering the details manually, select the Add button to add the printer.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Question 1: My Canon Printer is working fine with Mac but can’t connect it with Chromebook. What could be the reason?
Make sure that the Canon’s Printer is added to your Chromebook. We have listed down the connection method with proper steps in the above tutorial. We request you to kindly follow the above-given steps to connect the Canon’s Printer to your Chromebook.
Question 2: Chromebook is not showing up in my Canon Printer’s Model. What should I do?
In this case, you have to add the printer manually to your Chromebook. For that, you have to collect information about your printer such as the model number, the IP address, etc. The manual connection method is also listed in the above tutorial.
Question 3: How do I get the information about my Canon Printer?
Generally, the information about the product is listed on the package box. You can also get the information about your Canon Printer right from the user manual given in the box. Alternatively, you can collect useful information about your printer from Canon’s official website. You just need to enter the product name and the required information will be presented right in front of your screen.
Connecting a Canon’s Printer to a Chromebook is a bit of an easy process; however, in some cases, it takes hours of your time. If you are still not able to connect your Canon Printer to Chromebook, then we request you to dial their toll-free number to get technical help from the customer care team.
Canon is known for providing on-spot services to its consumers through telephone and doorstep visits. Get assisted quickly by dialing up their toll-free number.