How to Change WiFi Network on Arlo Camera?
There are several ways to change the WiFi network on the Arlo camera. However, the steps for changing the WiFi network on the Arlo camera depend on the following aspects:
- The Arlo camera model you are using
- Whether or not it requires a connection with the base station
- Whether or not you have installed the latest version of the Arlo app on your smart device
Several Arlo camera models connect directly to the WiFi network – the Arlo Q series and Arlo Baby. Besides these, every other Arlo camera requires a connection to the base station. So, the process related to changing the WiFi network in both cases will be a bit different.
How to change the WiFi network on the Arlo camera (with connectivity to the base station)
If the provided Arlo camera is connected to the base station, you need to change the WiFi network for the Arlo bridge.
Once done, similar changes will be reflected in the WiFi settings of every Arlo camera connected to the bridge. To start ahead, follow the below process:
• Tap on the Arlo app on your smart device or log on to your Arlo account by visiting my.Arlo.com.
• Click on Settings, and the app will direct you to the My Devices page. Here, you will find your Arlo bridge as a listed device
• Click on Arlo bridge, and under the Network option, tap on WiFi
• Select Change Network and go by the on-screen instructions for further process
Please note that Arlo wireless base stations establish a wired connection with your WiFi router.
Afterward, it creates its secured WiFi ecosystem for the connected Arlo devices. Hence, you can’t change the WiFi settings on these connected Arlo devices separately.
How to change the WiFi network on the Arlo camera (with no connectivity to the base station)
If you are using an Arlo camera with no connectivity to the base station, the process goes as follows :
• Tap the Arlo app or log in to your Arlo account at my.Arlo.com.
• The Devices page will be displayed.
• Tap Settings > My Devices.
• The app will prompt you with a list of devices connected to the WiFi network
• Tap the Arlo camera where WiFi network change is required
• Select Device Settings.
• Tap WiFi Network.
• The App will prompt you with the currently connected WiFi network.
• Key in details for the new WiFi network i.e. name and password.
• Select Continue.
• Follow the on-screen instructions to connect your Arlo camera with the new WiFi network.
• If you are using a PC or laptop, select Save. In the case of a smartphone, the settings are automatically saved
After detecting a WiFi network change, your Arlo camera will get auto-disabled for security reasons. Hence, you must follow the below process to re-enable the Arlo camera.
• If the App prompts you with a Re-enable Camera button on the Devices page, press and hold the Sync button on the Arlo camera for around 10 seconds.
• Wait for another 2-3 minutes as your Arlo camera is re-enabled
Handy tips to help you with the WiFi network change on the Arlo camera
• Always keep your WiFi network protected with a unique ID and password that can be hacked easily by random snoopers
• In case you are unable to change the WiFi network on the Arlo camera via the instructions mentioned above, try resetting the Arlo camera and check whether you have the latest version of the Arlo app installed on your smart device
• Refer to the user manual or connect to Arlo support if you cannot re-enable the Arlo device via the method mentioned above
• The tips and instructions mentioned above are subject to change as per the recent updates in the Arlo cameras and Arlo app
• Connect with a tech-savvy person or Arlo support if you are not comfortable making the required selections on the Arlo app or the Arlo camera
• Keep checking for Firmware updates on the Arlo app to avoid any technical glitches and goof-ups with the Arlo camera’s functioning
Always make the required checks (referenced above) before starting with changing the WiFi network on the Arlo camera. Refer to the user manual or call Arlo support if you cannot change the WiFi network on the Arlo camera.