How to Customize Canon EOS Rebel T7/2000D Digital Camera?
Canon flip screen DSLR is a favourite of professional photographers and apart from capturing amazing photos; it offers a number of options to customize your camera. While you may not like the design, you cannot deny that the camera is quite a beast due to the amazing inbuilt features. If you have just bought a Canon flip screen DSLR and are using it for vlogging, but do not know how to customize it, keep reading this article to find a step by step guide.
Step 1: Customising the Set Button Of Your Canon Flip Screen DSLR
- In order to change the default function of the set button of canon rebel t7, go to the Setup menu three, and choose custom functions. Then from there, use the left-right cross keys on the flip screen camera to go to the custom functions nine.
- The set button by default is used to select options from the menu and quick settings. By changing the function of the set button on your camera, you can use the set button to do lots of things other than just selecting options. Here are additional functions that you can assign to the set button –
- Flash exposure compensation – This will help you access the whole setting and adjust the flash quickly without missing the timing.
- Image quality – The set button can be used to jump to the image editing screen where you can adjust the quality of the photo.
- LCD monitors turn on/off – This function will help you save battery, as you can quickly turn on and off the camera. The camera has to be in another mode other than live mode for you to use this function.
- Depth of field preview – A great feature for both beginners and pros alike as it allows you to jump to the display screen and see a preview of the image captured and the depth of the field captured in the shot. The preview can be viewed on any monitor that supports live view. For beginners, it will help them to learn and adjust the f-stop settings.
Step 2: Changing the shutter and lock button functions
- To change the functions of the shutter and lock buttons on your camera, first, you need to go to the custom functions. But before accessing the custom functions, make sure that you have set the mode to M, AV, P, or TV.
- In the custom functions, you will find lots of alternative functions for the shutter and lock button.
- Before going into the different types of functions that are available for the shutter and lock button, let’s first clarify the default function of the lock and shutter button. The shutter button is supposed to initiate the auto-exposure mode when you press it halfway and then following it with AE button will lock the mode.
Now let’s see the alternative functions available for shutter and lock buttons –
AE/AF, NO AE LOCK – Auto-exposure mode will be initiated when you press the shutter button halfway down, but pressing the AE button will start Auto-focus. If you are using your camera in AI servo mode, the AE button will initiate continuous auto-focusing.
AE/AF LOCK – This is the default setting.
AF/AF LOCK, NO AE LOCK – Pressing the shutter button will lock both the Auto-focus and Auto-exposure mode on the camera, but pressing the AE lock button will lock the Auto-focus mode instead of the Auto-exposure mode.
AE LOCK/AF – This flips the default setting on its head. Pressing the AE lock button initiates the Auto-focus mode while the shutter button will activate the Auto-exposure mode and lock the Auto-exposure mode.
|how to zoom in for a focus check in live view on the canon eos 80d|
|how to order from the canon eos rebel t7 2000d camera menus|
|how to send your canon eos rebel t7 2000ds pictures to the computer|
|how to add flash on your canon eos rebel t72000d/|