Best Smart Thermostat For Alexa
Thermostats help regulate temperatures in homes. However, they can be such a waste of energy sometimes. When the temperatures change throughout the house yet the occupants are all in a single room.
Smart thermostats have unique features that allow for energy conservation. Temperatures can be controlled remotely and with sensors, they can be changed automatically.
1. Ecobee Smart Thermostat With Voice Control
This is probably the most sophisticated and advanced thermostat available in the market.
Controls can be made through phones using a dedicated app. This allows for a wide range of functionality. It also comes with an incredible full-color touch display. This allows for manual controls.
Ecobee responds to voice commands and is compatible with several voice assistant platforms, including; Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, Google Assistant, and Samsung SmartThings.
This model has unique features that allow users to make announcements like an intercom.
As long as users have enough speakers placed in different parts of the house. Users can issue commands remotely regardless of the part of the house the person is in.
- It offers full Alexa support
- The new model has improved the remote sensors
- It can play Spotify through its built-in speaker
- It is quite expensive.
- Its geofencing option is limited to one user.
2. Nest Thermostat
This smart thermostat is one of the most attractive and unique designs. It is excellent both for aesthetic purposes and also for the many features that or come with it.
It has nearly 10 different sensors which, other than temperature, measure the humidity, motion, and light along with others.
Its motion sensors are excellent, which makes it stand out. The sensors also make it excellent as a multi-zone thermostat.
Users can install the thermostats themselves, provided they go through the instruction manual.
They work well with other smart home gadgets and are compatible with many voice assistant platforms, including; Amazon Alexa, Google Home, IFTTT, and Samsung SmartThings.
See Also Best Thermostat for Google Home
- Compared to many other thermostats in the market, they are inexpensive
- They have an attractive design
- They are relatively easy to use
- They can’t be controlled remotely.
- They do not have very strong learning abilities.
- Doesn’t work with remote sensors.
3. Honeywell Home T9 Smart Thermostat With Sensor
They are a popular brand that offers a thermostat with unique features such as multi-zoned temperature regulations. With unique sensors that can provide signals of 200 meters.
This makes the management of separate rooms easier. However, for the best experience, you’ll need to purchase more sensors because the kit only comes with a single sensor.
Honeywell is compatible with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa smart assistants.
- They have responsive sensors.
- The thermostats are relatively easy to set up
- It works well with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
- It has a simplistic design
- The app isn’t very intuitive
- It doesn’t have an Apple HomeKit support
- It does not have an inbuilt motion sensor
4. Nest Learning Thermostat (3rd Generation)
This is a unique smart thermostat. It is highly intuitive and it can learn from the patterns of its users. This makes it adaptive and it can change temperatures automatically.
Its multi-zone abilities allow for energy conservation. It is also a useful tool for users because the system intuitively performs.
The nest thermostat works well with all the popular smart home systems except for Apple Homekit.
This essentially makes it a not-so-good choice for Apple users. Some of the platforms that it is compatible with include; Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Samsung SmartThings.
- It has a great learning ability
- It has a large display
- It works well with multiple smart home systems
- They are relatively easy to install
- It can’t monitor the temperature in multiple rooms
- Doesn’t work with Apple HomeKit
- It is not very cost-friendly
5. Ecobee3 Lite
It is one of the best thermostats on the market. With multiple unique features, it is a useful tool. It provides the basics at an affordable price.
It can connect over the home Wi-Fi network and can therefore connect with the rest of the smart network.
It is compatible with multiple voice assistant platforms, including; Amazon Alexa, Google Home, and Apple HomeKit.
- It is cost effective
- It has an attractive interface
- It is easy to install
- It does not include room sensors
- It lacks geofencing features
- It is incompatible with some equipment
Wrapping It Up
Smart thermostats are useful tools in the house. They provide a wide scope of functionality with incredible ease.
Choosing the best thermostat requires knowledge of the different features available in the market and it is also determined by a buyer’s budget or preference.