Best Dash Cam for Truckers – Overview
Best dash cam for truckers – If you want to know about the dashcam, it is just a camera that sits on your truck’s dashboard. The camera sees whatever is happening in front of the truck, on the road. Meanwhile, it also records the activity; if anything goes wrong, the same can be used as a piece of evidence.
Truckers, as you know, move around the states within the country. They transport goods, raw materials, and different products. They face a lot of stress while at the wheel because of the bad weather, falling asleep, and other hazards.
Not just for security purposes, these cameras serve as proof of poor truckers or bad behavior. Insurance fraud can be minimized that could have purposefully caused the trucker to engage in an accident.
Best Dash Cam for Truckers – What to Choose?
Well, the dash cams are in high demand, but truckers get confused by the several options. Multiple companies offer dashboard cameras with almost similar features. Rest, the pricing depends on their longevity, usability, some advanced functions, and much more.
Let us look at the best dash cams we have picked for you.
|Dash Cam||Camera Type||Resolution||Display Size||Storage||Weight|
|Vantrue N2 Pro Dash Cam||Front & Inside||2560x1440P/30fps or 1920x1080P/60fps||1.5 inch LCD||Up to 256 GB||100 grams|
|Z-Edge Dual Dash Cam||Front & Rear||2560x1440P/30fps or 1920x1080P/30fps||1.5 inch LCD||Up to 256 GB||100 grams|
|Rexing V1P Dash Cam||Front & Rear||1920x1080P||2.4 inch LCD||Up to 256 GB||453 grams|
|Rove R2 4K Dash Cam||Front||2880x2160p/24fps (4K)||2.4 inch LCD||Up to 512 GB||517 grams|
|WheelWitness HD PRO Mark II Dash Cam||Front||1920x1080P||3 inch||-||148 grams|
We may earn an affiliate commission when you purchase through links on our site.
1. Vantrue N2 Pro Dash Cam
It is one of the best dash cams for truckers. Whatever you expect as per your requirements, this camera makes your wish come true. Further, it is equipped with dual cameras that can record the road ahead and the cabin. Meanwhile, the infrared sensor helps the truckers during complete darkness.
- Higher resolution sensor for better visibility
- Records high-quality video footage at 1080p@60fps
- The night vision feature claims to provide clear footage even without lighting
- Parking mode with advanced motion detection to keep truckers safe while sleeping
2. Z-Edge Dual Dash Cam
Another best dash cam that you can pick has dual-camera functionality. It captures the video at 2560x1440p resolution, which is much more precise than a full HD resolution. It houses loop recording and a smart G-sensor, which are best for low-light visibility, monitoring vibrations, and emergencies.
- Simultaneous dual recording feature up to 1920*1080p@30fps
- Front camera recording at high quality up to 2560*1440p@30fps
- Industry-leading camera sensor supports night vision for color-accurate images in the dark
- A parking monitor serves the function of a surveillance system
- 32 GB Storage card included
- One-finger operation touchscreen
3. Rexing V1P Dashcam
Dual-channel recording at full HD resolution and a low profile design is the critical feature. It is the best dash cam if you love hiding your witness on the road ahead. Further, the camera houses an ultra-wide-angle lens with a better dynamic range. Capture your surroundings to get balanced images and clear footage.
- Equipped with Sony Starvis sensor that supports dual channel recording
- Connect to your smartphone app with built-in Wi-Fi
- Built to withstand extreme climate conditions
- Continuous recording functionality
- Gravity sensor that detects a collision and saves the footage
- Wide-angle lens with better exposure on the road
- Connect with a GPS tracking device (can be used with the Google Maps App).
- 24-hour parking monitor with a surveillance mode
4. Rove R2 4K Dash Cam
Get the best video recording with this dashboard camera that supports 4K. Ultra HD video recording for more clarity and quality, even at night. Meanwhile, the night vision feature helps to record in low-lighting conditions. Connect with your smartphone using the built-in Wi-Fi. Secondly, use the GPS to track your vehicle’s location and other information.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and GPS
- Connect with your smartphones using the Rove App
- Gravity sensor locks the footage by a sudden collision
- Revolutionary night vision, See in the dark with 4K
- Record time-lapse videos
- Parking mode with a 24-hour surveillance camera system
5. WheelWitness HD PRO Mark II Dash Cam
Amazing dash camera you can opt from the WheelWitness brand; however, this supports a single camera. Capture crystal clear details at full HD resolution.
The Sony IMX307 Starvis Sensor offers remarkable video quality & superb night vision. Meanwhile, the built-in GPS sensor tracks all the information while on the move.
- Superb night vision with Sony sensor
- 1080p video recording
- 170-degree super-wide lens
- Protect video footage of a collision
- Connect to a smartphone using Wi-Fi
- Transfer videos & control dash cam with Wi-Fi
- iOS and Android compatible
Wrap It Up
There you are. Trucking is not that easy, and life has too many unexpected turns. Well, keep yourself always safe with a dashcam. Pick the one that you like and till then, safe driving!