10 Best Docking Stations for Chromebook
Docking Station is a good companion for laptop users as it converts an ordinary laptop into a professional workspace.
Yes, you can add computer peripherals with external displays using a docking station. With the growing popularity of Chromebooks, we have prepared a list of the 10 Best Docking Stations for Chromebooks.
Before we jump on to the list of the Best Docking Stations for Chromebooks, let’s compare the key specs of the top-rated Docking Stations first.
The following comparison table will give you an insight into these best-selling docking stations for Chromebooks.
Docking Stations for Chromebook (Comparison Table)
If you have been using a Chromebook for quite some time now and want to expand its functionality, then you should invest in a reliable docking station.
It’s a convenient way to turn your laptop into a professional PC system. Let’s get on to the list of the Best Docking Stations for Chromebooks now!
10 Best Docking Stations for Chromebook
Plugable offers a range of docking stations for all types of users. Plugable USB 3.0 Universal Station is an ideal choice for Chromebook users.
It is the most advanced docking station designed to give you full flexibility while working with it.
It comes with a standard USB 3.0 connectivity and a host of ports to make an ordinary PC into a powerhouse.
This docking station lets you connect multiple monitors and other accessories to your laptop with a single cable.
Yes, you can connect the docking station with its standard port to your laptop and it is ready to use.
If we talk about the connectivity ports, the docking station features 11 connectivity ports.
1 HDMI port and 1 DVI port are available to connect dual displays or monitors to existing systems. 2 USB 3.0 ports, 4 USB 2.0 ports, 1 3.5mm audio jack, 1 Gigabit Ethernet port.
- Dynamic design with elegant shiny black color
- Made from high-grade plastic materials
- Supports dual monitors with HDMI and DVI ports with full HD resolution
- Total 11 connectivity ports are available
- Comes with standard connectivity of USB 3.0
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, and Chromebooks
- Backed by 2-years warranty
Totu’s Docking Station is a triple video docking station that comes with 13 useful ports.
If you are searching for a reliable docking station to use with your Chromebook, then Totu’s this Docking Station is what we recommend to you.
This docking station comes with USB Type C connectivity to connect your Chromebook.
The latest Chromebooks now come with USB C ports along with USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports. This hub features 13 ports to use a series of accessories and monitors on your Chromebook.
What makes this docking station unique is all the 13 ports of the hub can be used simultaneously on an existing Chromebook, all you have to do is just connect the one end of the docking station to your Chromebook’s USB type C port and that’s it.
The hub’s 13 ports will be ready to use.
- Made from high-grade aluminum materials for long-life
- Features 13 connectivity ports
- Compatible with USB Type C and Thunderbolt devices
- Supports triple displays with 2 HDMI and 1 VGA port
- 100W power transfer with safe delivery
- Great transfer speed of data
- Works with macOS, Windows, Ubuntu, and ChromeOS
Lionwei is a trusted name in the industry with a range of electronic devices for the new generation users.
If you are searching for an affordable docking station to improve your work productivity, then Lonwei’s Docking Station should be the right option for you.
To make use of this hub, your system needs to have a USB Type C port that supports video output and has DP alt mode.
It’s a 9-in-1 triple display USB C hub designed for the new generation of laptops. It is compatible with the latest Chromebooks that come with USB Type C ports.
Boost your productivity with triple display support. You can connect three monitors or display with your existing laptop using this USB hub along with other ports.
It features 2 USB 2.0 ports, 2 HDMI ports, SD/ TF card support, PD 100 W, 1 USB 3.0 port, and a display port.
- Made from premium quality aluminum materials
- Features three different USB C ports for extended compatibility
- Supports triple displays
- Compatible with laptops with USB C or Thunderbolt
- 5gb/s high-speed transfer with USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports
- Backed by 18 months of free technical support
Get an advanced triple display solution with Yxwin’s advanced USB C docking station. It’s an 11-in-1 docking station that supports triple displays or monitors.
This portable hub lets you connect multiple devices and accessories to your laptop along with triple displays.
Being the latest edition, it features a dual-core VL817 chip that consumes less power. It works with Chromebooks with a USB Type C port.
Unlike other docking stations, this edition features Macbook like heat dissipation technology that keeps the hub cool even if you use all the ports for several hours.
It carries the safest design with multi-protection systems.
The docking station will not be affected by fluctuation of power, over voltage issues, or heating issues. It also comes with short-circuit protection and high-temperature protection.
- Made with high-grade aluminum materials
- Safer and durable design with extra-long life
- Supports triple displays
- Features 11 ports with triple display support
- Faster and quicker data transfer with built-in USB 3.0 ports
- Compatible with macOS, Windows, and ChromeOS PCs
- 100 W power delivery with advanced networking
Targus is yet another popular electronics brand in the world with a range of devices to ease your work life on a computer system.
The Targus USB-C hub features a simple design. It has a black body and features useful ports to connect useful computer peripherals to it.
What makes this docking station a reliable choice for professionals is it lets you use four displays simultaneously.
You can connect four displays with full HD resolution or two displays with 2K resolution with this docking station.
It’s a USB-C hub that is compatible with the latest Chromebooks and other Laptops with either USB C or Thunderbolt 3 port.
There are a total of four USB 3.0 ports available. Out of four USB 3.0 ports, one port supports fast charging for your mobile devices and other equipment.
- Elegant design made from quality materials
- Supports four HD displays or two 2k displays
- Compatible with USB C and Thunderbolt 3 devices
- Built-in 3.5mm audio jack
- Faster data transfer with USB 3.0 ports
Get a flexible multi-display setup with Startech’s Hybrid Universal Docking Station. This simple-looking hub caters to your needs of using a variety of peripherals on an existing Chromebook.
Being a universal docking station, this hybrid docking station is compatible with USB A and USB C ports.
Chromebooks having either USB or USB C ports can use this docking station for extended computing life.
It’s a triple display supported docking station allowing users to connect and use three displays simultaneously.
Besides this, other useful ports help you connect multiple computer accessories. The hub features 3 HDMI 2.0 ports, 4 USB A ports, 2 USB C ports with 2 fast charging ports for recharging your devices.
- Triple display supported docking station
- Compatible with USB A and USB C ports
- Supports 4K resolution with triple displays
- 85W PD higher power delivery
- Multiple standard USB ports
- Built-in security features
7. Kensington SD4780P USB-C and Thunderbolt 3 Docking Station
Kensington provides a range of devices to improve your computing life. The company’s best-selling docking station, the Kensington SD4780P USB-C is a hybrid docking station designed for professional users.
This docking station packs all the ports to suit your requirements.
Give yourself an ultimate computing solution with this docking station. It’s a USB-C and Thunderbolt 3 compatible docking station.
You can use it on the latest Chromebook that features a USB-C port. There are a number of useful connectivity ports present on this hub to connect all types of devices to it.
It is compatible with dual 4K displays which means you can use two different displays.
The 100W power delivery of the device makes it an all-rounder hub. The Thunderbolt 3 availability makes it compatible with other laptops such as Apple’s Macbooks and Dell’s ultrabooks.
- All-in-one Hybrid Docking Station
- Compatible with USB C and Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Runs dual 4K displays
- Features six USB ports
- Higher data transfer speed of 10 Gbps
- USB charging ports for recharging your devices
- Universal compatibility
8. HP USB-C Dock G4 Docking Station
HP’s Dock G4 Docking Station is a top-rated Universal Docking Station for professional users. HP is known for its laptops; however, the company is also designing external devices to expand your computing life such as docking stations.
This ordinary-looking docking station fulfills all of your requirements to convert an ordinary laptop into a computing hub. It supports dual displays with its 2 HDMI ports.
The latest Chromebooks with USB-C and HP’s new ranges can use this docking station with its standard USB-C connectivity.
It’s a driver-free dock that doesn’t require your computer system to install particular drivers.
All you have to do is just plug into your system’s USB-C port and the hub will activate all the ports available on it. The company also provides a 1-year limited warranty.
- Universal compatibility with USB-C port
- Compatible with dual displays with 4K resolution
- Works well with Chromebooks and HP’s new laptop range
- Driver-free dock for convenient use
- Built-in lock slot to physically lock down the dock
9. Cable Matters Dual Monitor USB C Hub
Cable Matter offers a range of accessories to improve your productivity while working on a computer system.
If you are searching for a reliable docking station to use an additional display or want more ports to use external devices, then Cable Matter’s Dual Monitor USB C Hub is there for you.
This small-sized docking station features multiple ports to connect almost all types of accessories to it.
This universally compatible docking hub can be used on a laptop with USB C or Thunderbolt 3 ports. New generation Chromebooks with USB Type C port can use it.
A dual HDMI adapter lets you use two different displays simultaneously.
Unlike other docking stations, you will not get 4K support on the external displays connected using this dock. It is limited to full HD resolution with 1080 pixels.
It’s a five-in-one hybrid dock designed to simplify your computing life.
- Universal compatibility with USB-C and Thunderbolt 3
- Compatible with all types of laptops including Chromebooks
- Features 2 USB 2.0 ports, and 2 HDMI ports
- 60w power delivery to recharge your laptop efficiently
- 5-in-one function with a single plug-in of the USB C cable
10. HP 1MK33AA#ABA USB-C Universal Docking Station for Chromebook
HP has one more universally compatible docking station for professional users.
If you have decided to invest in a premium-quality docking station, then HP’s this docking station is a good choice for you.
It’s a universal hub that fulfills all your requirements of expanding your computing life.
This simple-looking hub has useful ports to connect multiple devices to your existing system.
Connect your computer accessories with standard USB 3.0 charging ports and USB 2.0 ports. It is compatible to run dual 4K displays or a single 4K display with its dual HDMI ports.
Network management with PXE Boot support, wake-on-LAN, and mac address pass through.
Just connect this docking station to your Chromebook or HP laptop with the given USB Type-C cable. The hub will be ready to use with all its ports. It is backed by the company’s one-year limited warranty.
- Standard USB Type-C connectivity
- Supports dual 4K displays
- Features one USB 3.0 port and three USB 2.0 ports
- Network manageability supported
- 60W of power delivery
You can set up your own computing workspace by using one of the above-listed docking stations. The above list contains all types of docking stations from different ranges.
Starting from low-end to high-end docking stations, you can choose the suitable option from the list to suit your requirements.
If you work from home and want to use an additional display along with some accessories for your side entertainment, then you should invest in a reliable docking station.
It’d be your best companion for sure!