How to Set Up Voicemail on Android? – Overview
Setting up a voicemail account may sound archaic these days, but it’s necessary if you’re missing calls.
It allows you to hear what the caller wants to say and answer even if you miss a call, whether it’s for work, entertainment, or an emergency.
That’s why you need to know how to set up voicemail on android.
Although voicemail is an important feature, many people do not have it set up because they never consider it useful enough. Reports show that the average number of spam calls Americans received in 2020 per month was 28 calls.
That’s why, unless you return every missed call, it’s a good idea to let important callers leave a message so you know whom to call back, who might be telemarketing, and who is spamming.
Setting up your voicemail system takes no more than five or ten minutes. If you’ve newly purchased an Android phone, you’ll need to set up your voicemail quickly.
Let’s look at the ways through which you can accomplish this.
How to Set Up Voicemail for Android
Depending on the phone manufacturer, a voicemail app may display on the home screen during the initial setup of your handset.
Tap the button and set it up by following the on-screen prompts. You’ll have to manually set up your voicemail if you don’t have a voicemail app on your screen.
Steps to set up your Voicemail on Android by Calling:
Step 1 – On your phone, open the phone app.
Step 2 – At the screen’s bottom, pull up the keypad.
Step 3 -To reach your voicemail service, press and hold one on the keypad. Other services will require you to dial *86; if you’re unsure, contact your service provider.
Step 4 – You’ll be asked for your PIN if you’ve already set up voicemail.
Step 5 – Enter your phone number’s last 4 digits to create a new account. If you forget your PIN, follow the voicemail service’s directions to reset it.
Step 6 – You’ll get a notification that says “Voicemail hasn’t been set up,” or something similar if you haven’t set up voicemail yet. Set up your voicemail by following the voicemail prompts and then hanging up.
Step 7 – To listen to new messages, open the voicemail app or press and hold 1, enter your PIN, and follow the voicemail prompts.
Of course, your voicemail provider will let you save or delete messages, listen to past messages, change your PIN, create a new greeting, and perform other tasks. You’ll also be notified if you get a new voice message.
Open voicemail and listen to the message by tapping the notification if this happens.
Now that you know how to set up voicemail on an Android phone, you’re probably curious about how to customize the voicemail greetings. Let’s get started on it.
Steps to change your voicemail greeting on android
- Open the Phone app for Android devices older than Android 5 (Lollipop).
- Then, to reach your voicemail, tap and hold “1.”
- Enter your PIN and then press “#.”
- To access the menu, press “*.”
- To modify the settings, press “4”.
- To change your welcome, press “1.”
- Ensure following all the steps.
How to Set Voicemail in Google Voice
Google Voice is another excellent tool for making calls and getting voicemails. You might choose to use it instead of your traditional phone voicemail. It’s because it’s accessible even from a computer by visiting the Google Voice website.
Check out these to set up Voicemail in Google Voice.
- Sign up for an account on the Google Voice website or through the Google Voice app on your Android phone.
- Set up an account with the Google Voice sign-up page on a computer.
- After that, open the Google Voice app.
- Locate and press the voicemail icon at the bottom of the program.
- Any voicemails you have can be viewed here. You can go to the menu button at the top left side to adjust the settings.
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll to the page’s bottom until you see the voicemail area. You can then select an option to receive voicemail through email, alter your greeting, and decide the form of voicemail notifications you receive for messages left at your Google Voice number.
How to Set Up Visual Voicemail on Android
As long as the carrier supports it, Visual Voicemail is supported on Android phones running Android 6.0 or newer. Follow these instructions to get started if your phone supports Visual Voicemail.
- Open the Phone app on your phone.
- Locate and tap the Voicemail icon. Depending on the phone, you can find it near the app’s bottom or adjacent to the Start Call button on the keypad.
- Tap on the three dots at the program’s top right corner to adjust any Voicemail settings.
- In the list, look for voicemail and tap on it.
- You may now customize your voicemail greeting and choose from various notification choices.
If you know the right way to set up Voicemail on Android, accessing it is easy. This article shows how to set up Voicemail on Android in many methods. Hope this information is helpful to you.