Connecting Xfinity Remote to TV?
Having a faulty TV remote or misplacing one can be quite irritating because the entire configuration process is such as hassle.
However, getting one of the best Xfinity TV remotes isn’t something to worry about. Xfinity TV remotes are easy to pair because you have access to Xfinity’s remote code lookup tool.
You can find Xfinity remote codes for various TVs, including Hisense, LG, Samsung, Sony, Vizio, etc. So how do you go about the setup process? Read on to learn more.
What are the Xfinity Remote TV Codes?
Xfinity remote codes are distinct four to five-digit codes that are unique to the various global TV manufacturers.
These codes enable your Xfinity remote to recognize your TV, and as a result, it can complete the pairing process.
Some of the popular TV codes include:
- LG: 10178 & 11265
- Samsung: 10812 & 10060
- Sony: 10000 & 11100
- Toshiba: 10156 & 11156
- Vizio: 11758 & 11756
What about TV brands not listed above? If your TV brand isn’t featured above, you can head to the Xfinity Remote Code List portal.
The Setup Process
We’ll start by looking at how you connect the remote to the Xfinity TV set-top box. These instructions apply to the XR2, XR5, and the XR11 voice remote.
- Start by ensuring you’ve correctly installed the batteries on the Xfinity remote and your set-top box and TV are switched on.
- Next, set the TV input to the port you’ve connected to the Xfinity TV Box.
- Press the ‘Setup’ button on the Xfinity remote until the LED notification light at the top changes from red to green.
- Next, press the ‘Xfinity’ button in the middle of the remote. Now the LED notification light will start flashing green.
- Then enter the three-digit code that appears on your TV screen using the Xfinity remote numerical keypad.
- Once you’ve entered the code, your remote is paired to your Xfinity TV box.
Note that if you don’t see the three-digit code after pressing the ‘Xfinity’ button on the remote, you should press this button again.
Also, you might need to press the ‘Xfinity’ button a couple of times if there is more than one Xfinity TV box in range.
Now you want to connect the remote to your TV. This will allow you to turn the TV on and off, adjust the volume, and switch between inputs.
- Start by switching on your TV.
- Next, press the ‘Setup’ button on the Xfinity remote until the LED notification light at the top changes from red to green.
- Now enter the 4-digit or 5-digit code, depending on your TV brand.
- The LED notification light will start flashing green when you enter the code correctly. If it flashed red, you’ve not entered the code correctly. So check your specific Xfinity TV remote code and enter it again.
Now you can use the Xfinity remote on your TV to switch the TV on and off, change input, and adjust the volume.
Also, if you notice the Xfinity remote TV code isn’t working, try the other codes given for your TV.
Connect Xfinity Remote to TV via the ‘My Account’ App
- Start by installing the Xfinity ‘My Account’ app on your phone.
- Next, launch the app and set up an account.
- Click on the TV icon and pick your TV.
- Next, click on ‘Setup a remote.’
- Scroll to find the specific Xfinity remote you want to set up and click ‘Continue.’
- Next, click on ‘TV or Audio/Other’ and follow the subsequent instructions.
Where Is the Setup Button On My Xfinity Remote?
In remotes such as the XR11, there is a separate setup button on the remote’s numerical keypad. However, some remotes, such as the XR15, don’t have a setup button.
For such remotes, you need to press and hold the Info and Xfinity buttons simultaneously until the LED notification light at the top turns green.
Why Is My TV Not Responding to The Xfinity Remote?
There are several reasons why your TV might stop responding to the remote. The most popular is power, which you can fix by swapping the old batteries with new ones.
Other causes included a faulty remote, jammed buttons, or static. For static electricity, you can remove the batteries and insert them back.
The steps mentioned above should seamlessly help you connect your Xfinity remote to your smart TV.
Now you can make the most of your TV by searching channels, navigating channels adjusting the volume, and other Xfinity remote features such as voice control.