The Google Stadia Founders Edition
The Google Stadia Founders Edition comes as the perfect package for all its users who are looking to get the best of Google Stadia ( Google’s latest cloud gaming service, which is set to launch in November).
The bundle commits big time to thrive in the new era of console-free gaming with all the high-end features and add-on hardware.
Talking about its availability, the Google Stadia Founders Edition is available on pre-order, with only a limited number of units up for sale as per the latest statement released by Google.
Looking into Google Stadia, the search engine giant has stepped into a big arena.
Whilst the tagline says “one place for all the ways we play,” Google has played a big bet on the table in this console-free gaming domain.
With the emergence of console-free gaming, people need not buy all those expensive gaming consoles and accessories.
What’s the price for the Google Stadia founder edition?
The Stadia Founders Edition bundle comes at an unbeatable price of $129 and clubs a free of charge 3 months of access to Stadia Pro, which generally costs approx $9.99 per month.
Apart from the three months of free service, the Google stadia Founders Edition will also include two hardware pieces and some add-on stuff in the package.
What you will be getting in the Google stadia founder edition bundle?
Although Stadia has stated that their console-free gaming will run on any device coming along with a Chrome browser, the bundle will be packed with the below-mentioned hardware.
- Google Stadia Controller: The Stadia controller doesn’t come out as a unique device and you can call it a mix of signature controllers by Play Station and Xbox. Well, that seems feasible as Stadia always seem like working towards providing a “One suits all” kind of console. The Stadia controller comes at $69 and is expected to deliver some unique performances like the Google Assistant integration.
- Chromecast Ultra: The Chromecast Ultra comes as the latest offering from Google and it’s a low-cost dongle that can be connected to the TV to stream video and play games. Still, it would be required the user to use Stadia initially. Coming at a nominal price, Chromecast Ultra alone makes the Google stadia Founders Edition worth every penny. Still, if you already have a Chromecast, you may not find it much worth it.
What are the add-on goodies you will be getting in the Google stadia founder edition bundle?
To make the deal more tempting, Google stadia has included some add-on goodies to the bundle. Moreover, everyone who signs up for the founders’ edition will be eligible for the following benefits.
- Night Blue controller (Limited edition): This is a limited edition controller and all those who will make their purchases later on will only get controllers in three available colors i.e Wasabi, clearly white, and just black.
- Personal names as a numeric identifier: All those who sign up with the Founders Edition will get the privilege to select their actual names as a numeric identifier instead of Stadia-generated ones i.e Roy52413654.
- Three-Month Buddy Pass: Along with a unique numeric identifier, people who will sign up with the stadia founders’ edition will be eligible for a three-month free pass which they can share with a friend. The users need to quickly use the pass as that would expire after 3 months period.
- Three Months Access to Stadia Pro: The bundle will also include three months free access to Stadia Pro, which comes as the main Stadia service offering access to a wide array of games on a fixed monthly price, along with additional options to purchase as ala carte.
What about Google Stadia Pro?
Google Stadia Pro can be quoted as the main offering from Stadia. Moreover, whilst the user will be getting three months free access to the same with the founders’ edition, they will come eligible for the following benefits
– Enjoy the service with a resolution of up to 4K/60fps/HDR with 5.1 surround sound(subjective to your respective internet connection)
– Free access to more than 30 games which includes famous titles from Rockstar and EA
– Heavy Discounts on future titles which come for purchase in Stadia.
– The “full Destiny 2 experience,” package would include the game, earlier add-ons, the latest Shadowkeep expansion and the free annual pass ( available for a limited period)
Talking about the big list of games included in the package, there’s one more highly anticipated title that is all expected to become a part of the Google stadia founders’ edition bundle.
During the Stadia Connect show, which was been broadcasted ahead of Gamescom 2019, it was officially stated that Cyberpunk 2077 is getting onboard to Google Stadia in the coming year. The game is one of the most highly anticipated titles, which is expected to cut stadia in 2020.
Countries where Google Stadia founders edition is available for purchase?
As per the recent statement from Google officials, the Google stadia founders’ edition will only be available in 14 countries as of now.
These major countries included in the list are Belgium, Denmark, Canada, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, and the United Kingdom.
As per the stadia website, the service is currently unavailable in Guam and Hawaii.
Internet connection requirements for Google Stadia founders’ edition
As per the recent statement made by Google in the same context, Stadia games would require a minimum download speed of 10 Mbps for 720p, and 35 Mbps to stream 4K games at 60 frames per second.
It’s worth mentioning here that this is 10 Mbps faster than the speed earlier claimed by Google in its GDC held in March.
Google Stadia founders edition: should you go for it?
The Stadia Founders Edition is a deal not to be missed by everyone who is a fan of console-free gaming.
While there have been rumors that Microsoft has turned its back on the future cloud gaming service xCloud, the Founders Edition rightly serves as the best available option for everyone who would like to become the first on the list of cloud gamers.
The bundled hardware covers the entire cost alone, so if you don’t have a Chromecast, go for it without giving it much thought.