How to Screenshot on an HP Laptop?
There are three ways to take a screenshot on HP laptops running Windows 8 and higher. All these three methods can help you take screenshots of your entire screen and edit them.
Print Screen Method on HP Laptops
Perhaps the easiest way to screenshot on a Hewlett-Packard laptop is by using the keyboard and pressing specific keys. If your HP laptop runs Windows 8 or higher, press the Print Screen (PrtSc) button.
The Print Screen (PrtSc) button is next to the’ Delete’ button in the keyboard’s upper right corner. Using this method, you can only screenshot your entire screen.
You can see the screenshots you’ve taken in the screenshots folder, usually in your HP laptop’s pictures folder.
Note: If the Print Screen (PrtSc) button is on the right side of the function keys on your HP laptop, you can directly press it to take a screenshot.
However, if the Print Screen (PrtSc) button is at the top or below the function keys, you might need to press ‘Windows + PrtSc‘ or ‘Fn + PrtSc‘ to take a screenshot on your HP laptop.
Snip & Sketch Method on HP Laptops
HP laptops running Windows 10 and higher have several options to take screenshots, including snip & sketch. This app allows you to take screenshots of your entire screen or parts of it.
The screenshots are temporarily saved on the clipboard, allowing you to save them or directly copy and paste them to an email, website, or Word document.
1. To screenshot using this method, open the page you want to take a screenshot, then click on the Windows start menu.
2. Next, type and enter ‘Snip & Sketch‘ in the search bar text box. You can also open this application using this keyboard shortcut, ‘Windows + Shift + S.’
3. The app will appear on the upper left hand of your screen. To capture your entire display, click the fourth button that looks like a rectangle. The other buttons allow you to capture a part of your screen and draw shapes or write.
4. Once your screenshot using this method, Windows will save it on the clipboard, and you can save it to any folder you like.
5. To save the screenshot, click on ‘Save.’ Now, a window will appear on your screen asking where you want to save your screenshot. Choose the folder and give your screenshot a name you can remember to avoid mixing it up with other images.
Note: To utilize a screenshot you’ve taken in an email, Word document, or a website, you don’t need to look for the saved screenshot; place the cursor where you want the screenshot to appear and then proceed to press ‘Ctrl + V‘.
Snipping Tool Method
Another option to take screenshots on your HP laptop that Windows is slowly facing out via updates is the snipping tool. Here is how to use this method.
1. To screenshot using this method, open the page whose screenshot you want to take, then click on the Windows start menu.
2. Next, enter ‘Snipping Tool‘ in the search bar text box. You can also open this application using this keyboard shortcut, ‘Windows + R‘.
3. Under the ‘Snipping Mode‘ button, choose the type of screenshot you want to take. To screenshot your entire screen, click on ‘Full-Screen Mode.’
4. The application will display the screenshot in a new window where you can use tools such as cropping tools and pens to edit the screenshot before saving it.
5. To save your screenshot, click on the icon that looks like a floppy diskette or click on the ‘Ctrl + S‘ keys on your keyboard. A window will appear on your display asking where you want to save your screenshot; choose the folder and name your screenshot.
In conclusion, taking screenshots on your HP laptop is relatively easy, and as you can see, you have three methods to choose from. But, if you want to personalize your screenshots more, you’re better off using the snip & sketch or snipping tool.