How to Copy and Paste on a Chromebook? – Overview
How do I Copy and Paste on a Chromebook? This is the most common question being put in the digital world, where everything is full of shortcuts.
While using the shortcuts may be different, however, copy and paste seem universal across platforms.
It holds with Chromebooks as well, which offer Copy and paste functions found in macOS and Windows.
Chromebooks are faster, cheaper, and simpler, but then too, they can be confusing to the people using other operating systems.
Since it is the most commonly used feature, let us learn about the different ways to act as Copy and Paste.
How to Copy and Paste on a Chromebook? – Selected Text
To copy and paste specific text or area on a Chromebook is easy and is similar to Windows and Mac OS. Let’s have a look at the following three simple steps.
- Tap and hold one finger on a touchpad, and using another finger, drag the cursor over the text to copy, and then release both fingers. On the highlighted text, press down on the button, create a box around the text, and release.
- Press Ctrl + C keys simultaneously to copy. Alternatively, using a right-click on mouse, select Copy from a pop-up menu, and while tapping on a touchpad, press the Alt key.
- Click on the section where you want to paste the copied text and then press Ctrl + V keys simultaneously. You can also select Paste on a pop-up using right-click on a mouse and tapping with both fingers on a touchpad.
The text remains copied until something is copied again. Thus, the current copied text can be pasted multiple texts multiple times. It is, however, important to consider that Chrome OS does not copy text formatting, so adjust the style as needed.
How to Copy and Paste on a Chromebook? – A Full Web Page
When you want to copy everything on a specific web page, you need to follow the below steps.
- Except for images, click anywhere on the web page, and then press Ctrl + A to select them simultaneously, which will select the whole page. The selected area will get highlighted.
- Press the Ctrl + C keys simultaneously. This will copy everything highlighted.
- Click on the section where you want to paste, and press the Ctrl + V simultaneously.
It is important to note that this method copies everything that includes images, headers, buttons, and other objects on web content. The layout intact, however, might not get copied and pasted.
How to Copy and Paste on a Chromebook? – Images
Want to copy some images? Well, it is possible only if the source allows to copy. Here are the simple steps that can be followed to copy an image in Chromebook.
- Hover the mouse over the image to select it. You can press the Alt key on the Chromebook while tapping the touchpad with your finger.
- Select right to Copy Image on the pop-up menu.
- Click on the section where you want to paste, and press Ctrl + V keys simultaneously.
How to Copy and Paste on a Chromebook? – Extensions for Specific Tasks
There are several advantages of using chrome that make the work much easier. Copy-and-paste extensions help to overcome the obstacles.
Check out the tasks that can be accomplished using such tools
1. MultiCopy Clipboard
A multiCopy Clipboard is a tool that can copy different sections simultaneously while managing them all at once.
It works with Chrome Storage creating extra space storing copies at once. These copies are also backed up and can be used one at a time or all at once to paste.
2. ADP – Copy & Paste
It is demanding to work with Automatic Data Processing(ADP) sheets and can lead to frustration when the copy-and-paste functionality of web formats is not enabled.
However, this extension puts the “automatic” back into ADP document workflow, reducing data-entry tasks and helping in eliminating errors.
3. Copy Paste Pro
This extension helps in copying and pasting the content of the websites even it has been code blocked.
4. Copy as Plain Text
It is a browser extension that allows copying and pasting without formatting. Select the text to be copied and paste it as Plain Text from the menu.
A Trick – Check out the Last 5 Things Copied
Want to access the last five things copied? Here are a few simple steps:
- Copy any text using the above methods
- Copy one more piece of text.
- While pasting, press V and Search keys simultaneously.
- You would be able to see the list of five copied texts.
- Select one of them you want, and there you go!
There are different ways to go with the simple Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V methods. Use these digital shortcuts and make your work easier!