Canon T7 vs Canon T6 – Overview
Canon T7 and T6 are two very popular DSLR camera models. Both have CMOS sensors with DIGIC 4+ processors. Their auto exposure lock and self-timer can make your experience more enjoyable.
There are multiple similarities between the Canon Rebel T6 and T7 DSLR cameras. However, there are multiple differences as well. We have compared the key features of the Canon Rebel T7 and T6 in this article. It will help you pick the right camera for yourself.
Canon T7 vs Canon T6 – Differences
|Specifications||Canon T6||Canon T7|
|Weight||485 grams||475 grams|
|Editor's rating||4.5 out of 5||4.9 out of 5|
|Picture style||8 modes||11 modes|
|Effective pixels||18.0 megapixels||24.10 megapixels|
|Image resolution||5184 x 3456||6000 x 4000|
|White balance setting||Auto||Total 8 settings including auto|
Canon T6 Pros & Cons
Pros of Canon T6
multiple factors can make a camera good.
- Canon T6 is budget friendly because of its flexibility and functionality of lenses.
- The size and weight of this camera can add some more benefits. The body dimension of this camera is 129 x 101 x 78 and the weight is around 485 grams. It is very easy to carry around because of its compact size. Even if you attach a lens to this camera, it does not become bulky.
- It has an 18 MP APS CMOS sensor which is good enough for beginners. It has a solid battery life that can last for approximately 500 shots.
- It is easy to navigate with this camera. You can click amazing pictures in a bright sunny condition too.
- The video quality in Canon T6 is quite good.
- The NFC and Wi-Fi features allow this camera to share content with any device or phone if connected. It is easy and more convenient this way. Though sometimes, certain malfunctions can cause some complications while sharing content.
Cons of Canon T6
Along with multiple benefits, the Canon T6 camera also has certain drawbacks.
- Although you can use this camera in low light, the camera will not perform well in an environment that needs to crack an ISO of more than 1600. In this situation, the noise will be visible.
- This camera is also not great with action shots. It only has a burst speed of 3 fps. However, this feature is good enough for beginners. They can practice and learn burst features with this camera at a very affordable price.
- The Canon T6 camera is an old model. It is very outdated and lacks multiple features. There are multiple budget-friendly upgraded models available in the market.
Canon T7 Pros & Cons
Pros of Canon T7
- Canon T7 has a 24.10-megapixel APS-C sensor. With this larger sensor, you can capture high-quality pictures with great clarity, perfect resolution, and total range.
- You can capture images in a large resolution of 6000 x 4000 with this camera. With this resolution, you can capture images with proper detailing as well.
- With 11 different picture style modes, you can click any type of picture you want.
- The onboard feature guide for the Canon T7 camera can help you understand your camera’s features and functions. Hence, handling your camera becomes easier and more convenient.
- You can get eight white balance settings, including auto white balance.
- It is budget-friendly as well. You can enjoy multiple features at a very affordable price.
- The interface and features of the Canon T7 camera are quite easy to understand and navigate.
- This camera is really better at capturing high-quality images, moving or messy objects, and balancing exposures. You can capture high-quality images even when the light is low.
- The software in the Canon T7 camera is faster with Canon DIGIC 4+ image processor. It can help to reduce noise and capture the details.
- You can use many lenses in your Canon T7 camera. This way, you can use this camera for multiple purposes.
Cons of Canon T7
- The display of the Canon T7 camera does not have a touch screen. This is also not able to tilt or stationary LCD.
- You need to operate things by pressing the buttons, which can be less convenient and more complicated. This can be really uncomfortable to navigate the camera for an intense user.
- The Canon T7 camera lacks autofocus. Also, there is no microphone input. These factors can prevent your camera from capturing good-quality video. However, you can overcome these challenges manually. It can be really troublesome if you use this camera for video recording most of the time.
Similarities of Canon Rebel T6 and T7
- The ISO range for Canon Rebel T6 and T7 is 100-6400. You can expand it to 12800 according to your need. This ISO range can help you to capture sharp pictures and low noise, even when the light is low.
- The CMOS image sensor and DIGIC 4+ processor in Canon T6 and T7 can offer a fast and smooth process with the cameras.
- Both cameras have the capability of 3.0 frames per second. This feature can help you to capture any fast-moving object very easily.
- Both Canon T6 and T7 have NFC technology and Wi-Fi. You can also control these features with your IOS phones remotely.
- Both cameras can operate well in challenging temperatures like humidity below 85% or 0-40°C. Hence, if you love to travel and click beautiful pictures, T6 and T7 can accompany you.
- Starting up period for both cameras is 0.1 seconds.
- Both cameras have around 11 custom functions.
- The USB terminal for Canon T7 and Canon T6 is USB 2.0
- The major aspect ratio for both cameras is 4:3.
- Both cameras have 25 interface languages.
- Both cameras have a limited warranty period of one year.
The Canon Rebel T7 is the upgraded version of the Canon T6 camera. Hence, the Canon T7 includes multiple extra features that can make your experience more enjoyable. After a detailed discussion, we can conclude that the Canon T7 camera is more work-friendly and convenient for users.