- 1. Rode VideoMic Pro+ DSLR Microphone
- 2. Rode VideoMic GO DSLR Microphone
- 3. MAONO AU-100 Hands-Free Clip-on Lapel DSLR Microphone
- 4. Dazzne Pixel 6 Channels UHF Wireless Lavalier DSLR Microphone
- 5. Tascam TM-2X Stereo X-Y Microphone for DSLR Cameras
- 6. Deity V-Mic D3 Super-Cardioid Directional Shotgun DSLR Microphone
- 7. Movo VXR10 Universal Video DSLR Microphone
- 8. Rode Wireless Go DSLR Microphone
- 9. TAKSTAR SGC-598 Interview DSLR Microphone
- 10. Sennheiser MKE 400 Shotgun DSLR Microphone
Best DSLR Microphones – Overview
In today’s digital world, we have plenty of technology gadgets that help us relive the moments. Yes, we are talking about cameras. If we talk about the current scenario, photography has become a highly recommended profession.
We all use smartphones and computers to explore the web. Today, we are up with a list of the 10 Best DSLR Microphones for your videography and vlogging tasks.
We all know the importance of having the proper equipment in our bag along with the camera and the other essential tools. Professional videographers use DSLR cameras to record high-quality videos. Since the DSLR camera comes with an external microphone port, it can improve your video quality further.
Before we jump on to the list of top-rated and Best Microphones for DSLRs, let’s take a look at the comparison table first. The following comparison table clears all your doubts about the microphones and their types.
Comparison Table for the Best DSLR Microphones
If you are planning to add this equipment to your Camera bag, then here’s the list of the Best DSLR Microphones for you. The following microphones are recommended by experts. Let’s get on to the list now!
10 Best DSLR Microphones
1. Rode VideoMic Pro+ DSLR Microphone
Rode is undoubtedly the best brand when it comes to buying a new microphone for your camera. The Rode VideoMic Pro+ is a best-in-class professional microphone designed for videographers and vloggers. It’s a shotgun-type microphone that improves your video quality with crystal clear audio.
The VideoMic Pro+ can be used with a range of cameras including Camcorders, Portable Tablets, DSLRs, etc. It can be used as a primary microphone or an additional microphone along with the built-in microphone on a DSLR or any other device that supports the external microphone.
It comes with a unique automatic power function. You need not enable the mic, once you plug it into the microphone port, the mic will begin recording high-quality audio. You can power in using the micro USB cable or use external batteries to run it. It’s a lightweight microphone with a total weight of 0.27 grams.
- Automatic Power Function
- High-performance external microphone
- Best-in-class microphone with sturdy built-quality
- Optimized Windshield shape
- Comes with inbuilt rechargeable batteries
- Supports micro USB cable
- The digital switching feature reduces post-production work and editing times
2. Rode VideoMic GO DSLR Microphone
If you are searching for a budget-friendly microphone for your daily work, then Rode’s budget-friendly edition, Rode VideoMic Go is the perfect option for you. This microphone is designed for both amateur videographers and professional shooters who need high-quality audio in their videos.
This lightweight microphone delivers crystal clear and crisp audio that ultimately makes your video look more professional. It records audio from the front and delivers it to the sides, it’s a point-and-shoot audio gun microphone.
The VideoMic Go comes with a user-friendly interface where you just need to plug in the two pins, one end to the microphone and the other end to the DSLR camera or any other device that supports a standard 3.5mm audio jack. Moreover, there are no complicated switches or additional settings required, just plug in the mic and it is ready to use.
- Ease of use with quick plug and play feature
- Lightweight design
- Designed to capture crystal clear sound
- Reduces sound from the surrounding
- No switches and settings required
3. MAONO AU-100 Hands-Free Clip-on Lapel DSLR Microphone
The Lavalier Microphone from the Maono store is yet another budget-friendly edition that we have picked for those who have a limited budget to spend on a new microphone. What makes this affordable microphone so much popular here is it comes with a quick plug-n-play feature.
Moreover, the microphone is compatible with all types of DSLRs and Smartphones. You can even use it on your PC and laptop system with no external tools or devices.
The microphone ships with all the essential accessories. If we talk about the box, you will get a microphone, a battery, a clip, a carrying pouch, a windscreen and an instruction book to get started with it. It’s easy to use and anyone can use it on their smartphones or any other supported device.
- Delivers high-quality audio
- Affordable for everyone
- Quick plug-n-play function
- Compatible with DSLRs and Smartphones
- Ships with all the essential accessories
4. Dazzne Pixel 6 Channels UHF Wireless Lavalier DSLR Microphone
The Dazzne Pixel 6 is a battery-powered wireless lavalier microphone designed for professional shooters. This microphone is designed to mount right on the DSLR for seamless audio quality. It’s an ideal microphone for recording interviews, classroom lectures, online conferences, etc.
The supported transmitting distance of this wireless microphone system is 70 meters. This microphone is designed to adapt the UHF frequency band and composite anti-interference circuit. The wireless microphone supports six channels.
The microphone is designed to restore the sound details with an automatically memorizing feature. The low noise performance helps you capture the right audio at high quality. The built-in display features status of battery level and which channels are currently operating.
- Professional wireless microphone with six channels support
- The total transmitting distance of this system is 70 meters
- Restores natural audio to your video
- Supports multiple devices
- Built-in volume memory function
5. Tascam TM-2X Stereo X-Y Microphone for DSLR Cameras
Tascam is known for its unique design. It’s a 2-in-1 microphone that is designed to capture high-quality audio with X and Y patterns. The built-in low-cut filter helps you recording high-quality audio by isolating noise from the environment. This microphone is designed to handle high-pressure audio at 120 dB.
The microphone comes with a two-stage output level adjustment switch. You can easily manage the audio quality of this microphone by simply using this built-in adjustable switch. It is compatible with all types of cameras so that you can easily use it for your professional use.
The built-in shoe adapter lets you easily fix the microphone to your camera’s accessory shoe. The tripod thread allows you to attach an external tripod to this camera. The windscreen protects the quality of audio by isolating noise. The sturdy built quality of this microphone makes it one of the best DSLR microphones in the market for videographers.
- Sturdy built-quality designed to last long
- The X-Y Pattern with two mic capsule
- Handles high-pressure sound
- Easy setup with the microphone shoe
- Windscreen included
6. Deity V-Mic D3 Super-Cardioid Directional Shotgun DSLR Microphone
Deity’s V-Mic is a popular choice for casual users and beginner vloggers. This shotgun-type microphone serves as a user-friendly interface and packs all the features that you might need for your video shooting.
This starter shotgun microphone comes with an easy connection setup. It is a standard microphone that comes with a 3.5mm audio jack pin. It is compatible with all types of DSLRs and can also be used on smartphones and tablets as well as camcorders.
The battery-powered microphone comes with a replaceable battery option. The lightweight design makes it a good-to-go camera for everyone. If you have a low budget and looking for a basic microphone, then the Deity’s V-Mic should be your first pick.
- Lightweight design
- Easy to use microphone
- Comes with a standard connectivity
- Durable construction for long life
7. Movo VXR10 Universal Video DSLR Microphone
Movo is yet another popular manufacturer of microphones in the market. The VXR10 edition from Movo is designed for casual videographers. If you have just started your new YouTube channel or looking for a budget-friendly microphone for your videos, then Movo’s VXR10 is there to fulfill your basic needs.
Being a low-priced microphone, the VXR10 comes with a set of limited features. It’s a universal video microphone that means you can use it with your DSLR camera and other devices including camcorders, smartphones, tablets, computers, and laptops.
The durable body made from high-quality aluminum materials makes this microphone long-lasting. The lightweight battery-free design looks quite handy at work. You don’t need to spend extra minutes to set up the mic, just plug in the pin and the microphone is ready to use.
- Long-lasting design with durable materials
- Compatible with smartphones, tablets, computers, laptops, and DSLRs
- User-friendly interface
- Built-in Windscreen for reducing noise
8. Rode Wireless Go DSLR Microphone
For professional shooters, Rode’s Wireless Microphone, Rode Wireless Go is here. This microphone system is a small, lightweight, and effective microphone for recording high-quality audio. It’s is designed for professional shooters and event planners.
The Rode Wireless Go microphone system ships with all the essential accessories such as a receiver, a transmitter, a 3.5mm audio jack, two USB-C charging cables, and a couple of dead cats.
The wireless microphone system charges through a USB C port. The battery backup of this microphone is 7 hours with a single charge which is good enough to record an entire event. The mics can be operated easily with on and off buttons. The mics are portable and lightweight and fit into your pocket.
- Small, compact in size, and light in weight
- Simple plug and play functionality
- Pairs easily with a shotgun mic
- Ships with all the essential accessories
9. TAKSTAR SGC-598 Interview DSLR Microphone
The Takstar SGC-598 is relatively a new model in the market. However, this microphone has created a great buzz in the market because of its extraordinary performance with crystal clear audio capturing capability. Moreover, this microphone fits well in your budget so that you don’t need to extend your pocket size.
It’s a shotgun-type microphone that is compatible with almost all types of DSLRs. It is designed to work as per your needs. You can get an improved sound quality at reasonable rates for your professional video shooting events.
The Interview Microphone comes with simple plug-and-play functionality. You just need to plug at the end of the microphone to your DSLR and it is ready to use. You can even use it on your smartphone and other compatible devices. It also supports external adapters.
- Super affordable pricing
- Compatible with all types of cameras and smartphones
- Easy to use functionality with a simple plug and play feature
- Simple to connect
- Heart-shaped single-point pickup feature
10. Sennheiser MKE 400 Shotgun DSLR Microphone
Sennheiser is a renowned name in the technology market with a range of microphones for all types of users. The MKE 400 Shotgun Microphone is one of the best DSLR microphones for professional video shooters and vloggers.
The microphone is made from high-quality metal materials for long-lasting performance. It features an integral shock mount so that it won’t shake while recording action footage.
The microphone comes with a switchable sensitivity that can help you change the recording functionality for long and short distances. It’s a battery-operated mic that comes with a single AAA battery. A single AAA battery gives you a total runtime of 300 hours.
- Long-lasting rugged metal housing
- Integral shock resistance mount
- Built-in switchable sensitivity
- Fully battery operated microphone
- More than 300 hours of battery backup with a single AAA battery
- Ideal for all types of cameras and camcorders
Microphones are of different types, different shapes, and come at different pricing tags. Each microphone is different from others as it is designed for various purposes of the users.
To narrow down your confusion, we have put up a list of the top-rated microphones from all ranges. Explore the above-given list, get their details and pick the one that fits well in your budget.