Best Smart Thermostat For Multiple Zones
Thermostats are useful for regulation temperatures within a household. Multi zoned thermostats allow for temperatures in different rooms to be controlled separately.
This is a beneficial feature that helps conserve energy. Let’s take a look at some of the best smart thermostats for multiple zones.
This is a very advanced type of multi-zone thermostat. It has several unique features that make the experience of managing household temperatures wholesome and simple.
The fixation process is relatively simple and can be done in a short while. The installation process, however, is a bit more complicated because it needs to be integrated with the other smart appliances.
It is advisable to go through the manual carefully before attempting to install it. The results in the end make the hassle worth it.
Core Unique Features
Compatibility – Ecobee4 has the widest range of compatibility. It can connect with all the smart devices and solutions.
This makes it especially useful because of the wide range of features that are enabled. It can work with Apple Homekit, Amazon Alexa, Samsung SmartThings, IFTTT, and many others.
Built-in Alexa – This makes issuing voice commands possible. It also means that users can have a wider range of functionality with increased ease.
Sensors – This makes it easy to regulate the temperature in a room.
However, it only comes with one sensor and additional sensors must be purchased for temperature regulation in other rooms.
Sensors can sense a person’s presence in a room and make adjustments automatically.
Dedicated App: This offers a wide range of functionalities and controls. It is also relatively easy to use and user-friendly.
- The system is intuitive and has a unique auto-away feature.
- Room sensors can respond to occupants’ presence.
- It is great at managing and conserving energy.
- Gives detailed monthly reports about energy consumption and conservation. It also provides tips.
- The multiple-zone feature allows energy to be used only in areas of a house where there are occupants.
- The thermostat only comes with one sensor so users must purchase additional ones.
- It doesn’t allow different temperatures to be set for different rooms.
- The installation process is quite complicated.
- Whenever Alexa is disabled, a red light flashes continuously, which can be irritating.
2. Honeywell Lyric T5
This is a useful option for buyers on a budget. It provides the basic functions of a multi-zone thermostat, however, it is wanting in many areas. It is very cost-friendly.
The system does not detect human presence in different rooms and will therefore not turn on or off automatically.
However, it uses geofencing which essentially means that it can monitor phone locations and manage the temperatures accordingly. Users can also manually set up schedules to control temperatures.
Honeywell Lyric T5 can also be integrated well into the smart home system. It isn’t compatible with many smart home standards but it generally works well with Alexa, Siri, and Google Assistant.
The installation process is relatively easy. The thermostat will take users through each step and even help them choose specific temperatures and other settings.
Users can also pair the thermostat to their phones using Wi-Fi which will essentially give room for remote control.
- Provides an effective multiple zone functionality.
- It is easy to set up.
- Has a dedicated smartphone app.
- Its geofencing feature doesn’t go work well with scheduling.
- They don’t have motion sensors.
- They are intuitive and so they cannot learn schedules.
3. GLAS Smart Thermostat by Johnson Controls
Johnson controls invented the first thermostat. Their GLAS smart thermostat is a unique and classy design with very advanced features. It is also one of the most expensive models in the market.
Core Unique Features
Air quality monitoring and reporting – One of the unique designs of the thermostat is that it is designed to monitor the quality of air inside the house. Anomalies trigger alerts.
Beautiful and compatible: The GLAS thermostat is has a unique and beautiful design, that looks amazing when mounted up on a wall.
Compatibility – It responds to voice commands which makes remote controls possible. It works well with Alexa and Google Assistant.
Dedicated App – With the app, users have a wide range of operations. The different thermostats can be controlled from the phone which may be more effective than sensors in some cases.
- It has good air quality sensors.
- It’s easy to install.
- It comes with an in-built battery.
- Fast and responsive.
- They are relatively expensive
- Sensors only work when occupants move past them.
There are many thermostats available in the market, selecting the best one is a crucial choice.
Considering factors like budget and unique features are important even as you select based on personal needs and preferences.