The Startech Docking stations dual monitor setup is one of the best way to support your multitasking efforts. Besides, it helps you establish a seamless connection with random peripherals while working like a USB 3.1 gen 1 type-c Docking interface.
The USB-c dock ensures the uninterrupted connection of the dual monitors without any major issues. So you can easily connect 2x HDMI or 2 X DVI displays applicable at 1920 X 1200p. The frequency for the same connection will stay at 63Hz. Besides, the second available option is to connect 1x HDMI and 1 DVI display.
To connect more devices, you got the availability of a full USB 3.0 setup with uninterrupted network bandwidth that provides faster data transfer speeds. Using the USB 3.0 peripherals also means supporting the 8gigabit Ethernet network throughout.
Besides, the USB type-C ensures the usage of the USB 3 port, the gigabit Ethernet port, audio, and the microphone connections.
Prerequisites for Startech Docking stations dual monitor setup
Always ensure that the device drivers, firmware, and operating system are compatible with the setup. Moreover, the video output will depend on the video card’s quality and the hardware specification for the connected laptop.
Do note that not all the USB C ports ensure giving you the full functionality of the USB type C standard. Hence, check whether the USB C port of the desktop supports the alt mode and USB power delivery for offering the full functionality.
Recommended steps for Startech Docking stations dual monitor setup
Step 1. Getting started with Startech Docking stations dual monitor setup
- Use the USB 3.0 port to create connections with the devices. You can build the connection with the Mac or Windows laptop with the help of several dual monitor configuration options.
- Search the USB devices with 5 x USB 3.0 ports inclusive of the fast charger, USB ports, space on the disk. Build the connection for the dual monitors using either HDMI + DVI-D or HDMI + VGA combinations. Always remember to follow these steps while placing the dock in the vertical setting.
- Go ahead with the addition of the wired network connectivity and the audio devices. You have to do so with a gigabit Ethernet rj45 port(built-in 10/100/1000 Mbps compatible RJ45 Ethernet port) and the headset Jack with the separate 3.5 audio and microphone ports.
Step 2. Establishing a connection with the monitors
- To recognize and use the second monitor for the process, open the power user menu while tapping Win+X.
- Click on the start menu and select a setting. Then, go to the display section.
- You will have to choose from available options to detect and register the second monitor from the display section.
- Shuffle the monitors to see which one is favorable for you. Now you can use the diagrams of the monitors.
- To arrange them according to your preference, select the monitor and drag it into position relative to the other monitor.
Step 3. Making any desired changes in the Second monitor’s display settings
- Go to the display settings you have got in the previous instruction and scroll down to get the multiple displays.
- Click the drop-down list from there and go to the multiple display options to show you the further settings. As the drop-down list appears, you can see different options, like duplicating these displays, extending these displays, showing only on one, and showing only on two. Make the appropriate selection.
- The new window will open, asking you if you want to keep the changes or not. You will have to confirm to control the monitor layout that you have picked. You can also revert to going back to the way it was.
The dual-monitor setup with a Startech docking station is done successfully. You can check for random settings and display options to check its functioning. Also, check through the wiring and connections in case either of the functions or peripheral doesn’t work accordingly.
Using Startech Docking stations’ dual monitor setup can help you get through any given task smoothly and conveniently. You can now work confidently without requiring jumping between the screens.
If you want to add another monitor to the setup, you may have to make some changes to the entire setup’s video and display settings. Additionally, let us know in the comments section if you want us to cover more such topics in our future posts.