Using dual monitors with windows 10 is fairly easy. Yet, there are instances where you may face a few problems with its configuration. Steps below will guide you when configuring your dual monitor setup with Windows 10
Getting started with the multi-monitor setup configuration
Before configuring the dual monitor setup, make sure that you have all the necessary cables connected to the monitors and the computer. It should come inclusive of connecting the power and video signal using VGA, HDMI, DVI, or the DisplayPort cable. In case you’re not sure, confirm the details regarding the manufacturer and model and that will be giving you a better idea regarding the specifications of the unit.
Rearrangement of the dual-display on the windows 10
Go ahead with the connection of the monitor to any available video ports. To arrange the monitor on windows 10, you will have to follow the below steps.
- Open SETTINGS
- Click on the System tab, then click the ‘Under-display’ tab
- Under the section ‘select and rearrange displays,’ you will have to drag and drop every display option to further arrange them according to the physical layout of the desktop.
- Tap on the ‘Apply’ button.
Once you complete these steps, you’ll see that Windows 10 will save the physical layout and allow you to get across each display while running the apps without issues.
Adjustment of the display scale and the layout on windows 10
To select the correct scale setting, you must follow the given steps.
- Open SETTINGS
- Click on the System tab
- Click on the Display tab.
- There you have to go to select and rearrange the displays section while picking the monitor you want to adjust.
- Select the “change the size of text” and other items to adjust the scale. It comes in the form of the dropdown menu that will be helping you to make the selection of the appropriate scale.
You can also go ahead with the advanced scaling SETTINGS option. This is the section where you can choose the size between 100 and 500 % scale. Always remember to click on the “Apply” button after making the selection.
Selection of the multiple display viewing mode
- Tap on SETTINGS
- Click on System
- Now click on display when you see the ‘Select and rearrange display’ section. You will have to select the monitor that you want to make adjustments to.
- Under the multiple display section, you can see the three options- duplicate desktop, extend and disconnect this display. You have to click the one according to your preferences and proceed to the next step.
Switch the display mode with the help of a shortcut in addition to the SETTINGS app. Windows 10 also gives the scope for switching the display mode with the use of the project feature. You can get access to it by clicking on Windows key + P.
Windows 10 provides an option to rotate the screen horizontally or vertically. It comes equipped with different orientations for reading or coding.
Follow these steps to change the orientation :
- Open SETTINGS.
- Click on ‘System.’
- From the drop-down list, click on ‘Display.’
- Go to the “Select and rearrange displays” section. There, make the selection of the monitor that you want to adjust.
- Proceed to adjust the orientation in the “Scale and layout” section. For that, you will have to use the Orientation drop-down menu. The modes available will be –Landscape, Portrait, Landscape (flipped), and Portrait (flipped).
Management of the advanced display SETTINGS on Windows 10
Make the selection of the custom color profile and click on the display adaptor properties option. Afterwards, set the custom color profile. Once done, click on the color management tab. There you will get the color management button. Get into the menu and click on the devices tab that makes the selection of the display from the list.
Always checkmark the option ‘use my SETTINGS for this display.’ Now click on the add button, where you will find the associated color profile page. You will have to click the browse button and then locate the new color profile. There you need to double click the .icm file for installation of a new profile.
After you do that, just click on the ‘close button detection’ of the multiple monitors in Windows 10. Once you have the display and want to just hook it up on the computer, you have to go with the desired option regarding the management of the display settings.
Do that by right-clicking on the desktop, and then you will have to make the selection of the display SETTINGS from the menu. It will be then open a new window in front of you. You have to start customizing by just clicking on the ‘detect button’ that will be highlighted to guarantee that the windows can see the monitor that you are using.
Whenever you adjust the SETTINGS, remember that the first option, which is ‘extend these displays,’ allows the selection of the option from the menu below. It turns out to be the common implementation of multiple monitors to allow you to take the windows that you aren’t currently focused on. You then need to drag them to the other monitor for gaining the required access.
Ensure the availability of all the required cables and connectors before getting started with the abovementioned procedure. Read the user manual in case you face any issues regarding the connection and configuration process. Furthermore, keep watching this space as we bring you some more posts regarding your favorite gadgets and devices.