How To Use Sony DSC H300? – Overview
Before we jump on to the tutorial regarding how to use the Sony DSC H300, let’s take a sneak peek into its big list of stunning features.
This masterpiece belongs to the Sony Cybershot series and has already made its own extensive space in the world of point-and-shoot cameras.
Speaking of its unique features, this camera boasts a 20.1 MP sensor along with HD video capability that will surely make you fall in love with the image and video quality. Moreover, it sports a 35x optical zoom that is quite efficient in capturing faraway subjects.
Coming back to its usage and handling-related guidelines, you can refer to the steps mentioned below in the same regard.
Main Menu settings
- Enter the date and time while entering the main menu for the very first time.
- Press the menu button to get welcomed with a wide list of features and settings represented by some lovely icons on the main screen itself.
- While choosing the image size and ratio aspect, you can experiment according to your style and customized settings. Also, the camera can only save the images as a JPEG file.
- To set the image compression according to your style and preferences, change the panorama size and panorama direction settings accordingly.
- With this, you can also choose the desired file format as per your style and choice.
- There are specific control buttons to manage the exposure photo creativity / and autofocus.
- There are random other functions and settings available for image shooting purposes. Just press the function button and pick the desired function while using the provided control buttons.
- Now select the setting value while using the control dial. The control dial allows you to effectively change the desired setting for every shooting mode.
- You can also choose customized settings for a list of other functions like time, focus magnification, auto review, speaker level, grid line, zoom setting, function, exposure set guide, menu settings, and custom key settings.
- There are specific options to manage the wireless connectivity that allows you to share images and videos to other devices like smartphones or computers. Besides that, you can check out other features like one-touch NFC, airplane mode, WPS push, access point settings, edit the device name, and reset network settings.
Charging the Camera
- Initially, connect the camera to the AC adaptor provided in the product bundle.
- Now connect the AC adaptor to a power outlet after turning off the camera
- The camera can also be charged by establishing a connection with a computer or laptop via a USB
- Shooting the Images and videos
Press the shutter button halfway down to the focus. Once the subject is set on focus, a beep sound will come up along with a green indication light.
Once done with the process, press the shutter button fully down to capture the image.
Press the video button to kickstart the recording process. Toggle the zoom menu to find your preferred zoom ratio and settings.
Once done with the recording process, press the same video button again to stop the recording.
Controlling the manual settings
Gently set the mode dial settings to the manual exposure ( denoted by M)
Press down the bottom side of the control button to find the desired shutter speed or the aperture value while capturing the image.
Toggle down the wheel to opt for the desired shutter speed or aperture value. By doing that, you can also check the exposure value of the image.
Viewing the images
Just press the playback button, and you will see the data files screen where all the images from the memory card are stored.
To check or select the image, tap on the control button and roll it over to pass on to the previous or the next image in the memory card.
While using the same function, you can also select and delete the images you don’t like. To do that, select the image, tap delete, and then tap on the Confirm option.
Following the steps and guidelines mentioned above, you can quickly get hands-on practice regarding how to use the Sony DSC H300. You can check the user manual available with the product packaging or post your questions down below in case of any further issues.