How to Connect Beats to Laptop? – Getting Started
Beats headphones provide excellent sound quality, which is expected when one of hip-hop’s well-known and successful producers needs to approve each pair.
Now that you have your new Beats headphones, you can pair them with Mac or Windows laptop, as well as any other Bluetooth-enabled device. This is a quick and easy process that takes only a few seconds.
However, if you’ve never used Bluetooth headphones or linked a Bluetooth device to your laptop before, you might find yourself scratching your head, unsure of what to do.
Fortunately, we’re here to help, and we’ll walk you through the process of linking your Beats to a Chrome OS, Mac, or Windows laptop. We’ll start with connecting to a Windows PC, then move on to how to connect to a MacBook or Chromebook.
Connect Beats to Windows Laptop
- Check whether your Beats earbuds or headphones are switched off.
- Press and hold down the power button for around 5 seconds until the led indicator flashes; this will make your headphones discoverable.
- To launch Windows Settings, press ‘Windows + I’ on your keyboard at the same time.
- Next, click on ‘Devices.’
- Then click on ‘Bluetooth & other devices in the left tab and switch on Bluetooth.
- Next, click on the Plus (+) icon adjacent to ‘Add Bluetooth or another device.’
- Then click on ‘Bluetooth.’
- Pick your Beats earbuds or headphones from the list of all Bluetooth devices that have been discovered, then follow the subsequent on-screen instructions.
When the two devices are linked, you’ll see an alert saying, “Your device is ready to go.” Now you can listen to music, play video games, or stream movies on Windows while using your Beats earbuds or headphones as an audio source.
Connect Beats to Mac Laptop
Connecting your Beats Wireless headphones to a Mac is a relatively simple process. That said, follow the instructions below to accomplish this:
- Start by pressing and holding down the power button on your Beats Wireless earbuds or headphones until the indicator light goes off.
- On your Mac, go to the Apple menu.
- Next, click on the ‘System Preferences’ tab from the drop-down menu.
- On the list of options, find ‘Bluetooth’ and switch on the Bluetooth function.
- Click on ‘Devices’ to find your Beats earbuds or headphones.
- Finally, click on ‘Pair.’
It may take a few seconds for the two devices to connect. The good news is that you won’t have to go through this step again the next time you wish to connect your Beats headphones with Mac.
Instead, when these two devices are within range, your Beats headphones will be immediately reconnected to your Mac.
If your Beats headphones were previously linked to another device, you’d need to repeat this step to pair them with your Mac. This aspect applies to all other devices, not just your Mac.
Connect Beats to Chromebook
Most Chromebook models include Bluetooth, but it’s always a good idea to double-check.
You’ll be able to link your Beats Wireless with your Chromebook if it has the Bluetooth icon in its menu. So how do you do this?
- Start by pressing and holding down the power button on your Beats Wireless earbuds or headphones until the indicator light starts to flicker.
- Navigate to the ‘Quick Settings Panel’ in the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- Turn on Bluetooth by clicking on the “Bluetooth” icon. Your Chromebook will start searching for nearby devices on its own.
- On the list of devices, look for your Beats earbuds or headphones
- Next, click on ‘Connect.’
- Follow any additional instructions that may appear on your screen.
Troubleshooting Connection Problems
Hold Down the Beats Power Button for A Longer Time
While trying to switch on your Beats headphones, you can connect to Windows by holding down the power button for a longer duration, up to 10 seconds. Most people who have trouble connecting their Beats headphones to PC love this feature.
Note: Beats headphones are available with different features meaning the reset process for each one of them is different. Some might require you to hold down two buttons to reset such as power and volume down. Check your user manual to know which method to use.
Switch Off Bluetooth On All Devices Connected to Your Beats Headphones
If your Beats were last linked to a device other than your computer, you can switch off Bluetooth in all of the devices they were previously connected to, then repeat the steps illustrated above.
Update your Bluetooth driver
Your computer may not recognize your Beats wireless due to a faulty or outdated Bluetooth driver. You should try updating your Bluetooth driver to see if it helps.
Your Beats Wireless earbuds or headphones are now connected to your Chrome OS, macOS, or Windows laptop. Therefore, you can lean back and enjoy impressive audio quality, whether you’re gaming, streaming music, or watching a movie.
Best Wireless Earbuds for Kids
How to Connect Beats to iPhone