Connect 3 Monitors to a Lenovo Laptop Docking Station
Connecting 3 monitors to a Lenovo laptop docking station can make your life much easier when multitasking.
Speaking of the docking station, it’s a device that allows multiple computer peripherals and accessories to connect to the laptop at a single connection point.
You can easily connect and disconnect the laptop from the docking station with the help of the docking port or a single connection cable.
How to connect 3 monitors to a Lenovo laptop docking station
Before you get started
If you want a quick and super reliable way of connecting 3 monitors to a Lenovo laptop, then the docking station by Lenovo (below) would do the work.
When you buy through links on technowifi.com, we may earn a commission at no cost to you.
The number of available VGA, HDMI, DVI, and display ports is the determining factor for connecting the multiple monitors to the Lenovo laptop setup.
Sometimes, it’s easy to connect with these ports to the USB 3.0 adaptor, but it becomes messy when several USB ports are available on the laptop.
The Lenovo dock can connect the three 4K displays simultaneously via the two display ports and USB 3.0 port.
Recommended steps for connecting 3 monitors to a Lenovo laptop docking station
Step 1. Establishing the connection
Check the laptop’s video card to make sure that it supports the 3 monitors at the same time.
Now connect the monitors to the docking station with the display port, HDMI, DVI, or VGA ports.
Connect the Lenovo laptop to the docking station.
To configure monitors on Windows 10, follow the next step.
Step 2. Setting up 3 monitors on the Windows 10
Once you build the 3 monitors, docking station, and laptop connection, you have to check whether or not the PC has detected the monitors.
In case you find that the PC does not automatically detect the new monitor:
Right-click anywhere on the desktop >
Select display settings >
Go to rearrange your displays >
Select Detect a new monitor.
Splitting screens between the laptop and the 3 external monitors:
1. Right-click anywhere on the desktop
2. Select display settings
3. Go to multiple displays
4. Select the number of monitors to be displayed (select 3)
5. Select to extend these displays from the drop-down list.
Step 3. Changing the order of displays
To change the order of the monitors, right-click anywhere on the desktop > go to display settings > go to the section rearrange your displays.
For that, left-click on the display you want to rearrange and place it in your preferred position.
Configuring graphics on 3 external monitors along with the Lenovo laptop
1. First of all, place the port replicator where you want to set the monitors.
2. Then you have to connect and plug in the power cable. Now connect one end of the display port cable to the replicator and the other end to the display port monitor display.
3. Next, you can connect and plug in the LCD’s power cable. Then turn on the monitor display and place it where you want.
4. Now, you will have to repeat steps 2 and 3 for all the other DisplayPort monitor displays.
5. With your portable system turned off, now dock the system on the replicator
6. Now turn on the system. Once the Windows operating system starts, you should see that all three screens have display graphics.
7. Right-click on the desktop > click graphics properties > adjust the resolution as well as the position of the external monitors. You can also change the default display to any of the screens according to your preference.
8. Now connect one end of the VGA cable to the replicator and the other end of the cable to the analog VGA monitor display.
9. Now connect the VGA monitor display power cable and plug it in > proceed towards turning on the monitor and placing it in what you want.
10. You can connect an external keyboard and mouse to the replicator, where you have connected three monitors with the analog input that is making a replacement for your portable system display.
Now you have to close the system and power it off and proceed towards docking the system to the replicator.
11. Now press the power button on the replicator. Once the windows start functioning, all three external monitors should start displaying the graphics.
Now right-click the desktop, click graphic properties and make adjustments to the resolution and positions of the display.
Summing it up
The steps mentioned above will lead to the successful connection of 3 monitors to the Lenovo laptop docking station.
Keep checking this space for some more news and updates regarding your favorite products and devices.