How to Setup Orbi Router? – Overview
If you are looking for a fast, reliable, and powerful WiFi network, then Netgear’s Orbi WiFi system is the best solution for you. Unlike an ordinary WiFi extender, an Orbi WiFi system gives you stable connectivity.
It replaces your native WiFi router and directly connects to the modem of your Internet Service Provider. As a result, you will get faster and more powerful connectivity.
Today, we are going to show you the setup procedure of Orbi’s WiFi system i.e. the main router and the Satellite. If you have purchased the Orbi Router, then the following step-by-step tutorial will help you to set up and sync the router easily.
What is Orbi Router?
The Orbi is an advanced Wi-Fi router cum system designed for modern users who need faster Internet connectivity. Netgear’s Orbi Router can be purchased as a single router or with the system as per your requirements.
You can even go with the 3 pack router system to connect your entire home with a faster and more reliable connection.
All you need to do is set up the main router and then connect the other routers to the main router to expand its range. You can also use external add-ons or we can say satellites to get smooth and faster connectivity.
The best thing about the Orbi router is it is easy to install and offers interruption-free faster Internet connectivity. If you love to watch movies and TV Shows on your Television, then Orbi Router is a must-have thing to get a smooth streaming experience.
If you are curious to know how to set up Orbi Router, then here we have prepared a detailed tutorial for you. Follow the below-given guidelines to set up the Orbi Router quickly.
3 Easy Steps to Setup Orbi Router
Note: Orbi Router can be set up on any of your devices. You can set this Router using an iOS device such as an iPad, iPod, or iPhone. You can also use the web browser to set up the Orbi Router with your home’s Wi-Fi system.
The setup procedure is quite easy, all you have to do is just follow the below-given steps wisely. You can also use the official Orbi app to set up this WiFi router system.
Out of all the available methods, the Web-browser method is quite easy as it gives you more options with easy instructions to quickly set up the Router.
Section 1: Setting up the Main Router
- The first thing you need to do is unplug the Modem and wait for 30 seconds. Re-plug the modem again after 30 seconds. You have to follow this step to reset the modem. This gives you a fresh IP address that makes the setup procedure easier for you.
- Now, plug the Ethernet cable from the Modem to the Orbi Router’s Ethernet port i.e. the Yellow-colored port. The Yellow-colored port is available only on the Main Router and not on the Satellite.
- After this, plug in the power cable using the power adapter to the main router. The power cable is given inside the box.
- Once you connect everything as mentioned above, turn on the Power button.
- After that, press the Power button which is given at the backside of the Router. As soon as you press the Power button, the green flashlight will turn on.
- Once the router is turned on, the white LED starts flashing on the main Orbi Router.
Section 2: Setting up the Satellite
Note: To get the best connectivity, you are requested to install the Satellite in the center area of your home. It gives you faster and more reliable connectivity with no interruptions.
- Plugin the Satellite to a power adapter and turn the power switch on.
- After turning on the power switch, press the power button given at the backside of the Satellite.
- As soon as you press the power button, the green-colored light starts flashing.
- The LED light on the Orbi’s Satellite turns white.
- The Satellite’s LED flashes three different colors in the first three minutes. Which color indicates what is given below?
- Solid Blue: Solid Blue light on the main Router indicates that the Router is fully synced.
- Amber (Orange): When the LED light of the Satellite turns Amber, it means the WiFi router and the Satellite is synced properly and the connection between these two devices is fair. Amber light suggests you take the Satellite device a bit closer.
- Magenta (Pinkish Purple): Magenta light indicates that the sync process has failed. The Satellite and router are not synced.
Refer to the user manual included in the box for more information about the light indicators on the main router and the satellite.
Section 3: Setup WiFi Router
In this section, we are going to set up the Orbi WiFi Router. As noted above, there are multiple methods available to set up the WiFi router. You can use the mobile app which is available to download on App Store for iOS users and Google Play Store for Android users. PC users can use the browser to set up the WiFi router.
- Launch web browser or the application. Make sure that the web browser or the application is connected to the Orbi Network.
- Now, open orbilogin.com i.e. the official login page of Orbi. A login window will be displayed. Or open the application on your mobile phone.
- In the login window, you need to enter the Username and Password. (If you do not have your account, you can create a new account from the mobile app easily.
Password: Enter the password that you use while setting up the Router.
- From here, select the QR Code option and scan the code given at the backside of the router. This makes the setup and configuration process much easier for you.
- Follow the on-page instructions to select the area of the satellite on the page.
Note: Make sure that the Orbi Router is connected to a power source. If the power button is off, turn it on to establish the connection. You can select the Satellite area on the mobile app while configuring the main router.
- Click the Next button and follow the given instructions. Wait for 3 minutes to complete the setup procedure. The Orbi Router’s light will turn on white.
- After that, press the Sync button to sync the Satellite device with the main router. The application will also detect the Satellites connected to the main router. You just need to click the add Satellite option to add new satellites to the router.
Note: Do not turn off the Orbi Router during the setup process. If you turn off the main router, then you have to follow the setup procedure again.
Setting up an Orbi Router is pretty easy as it doesn’t require any specific skills.
All you have to do is just follow the instructions given in the above tutorial and follow the on-page instructions displayed on your screen while setting up the router.
Your Orbi Router and Satellite will be configured automatically. For more information about setting up the main router, you are requested to follow the instructions given in the user manual.