How is the Canon PowerShot SX420 good for Vlogging?
Vlogging is one of the best career options one can choose if one knows how to make use of technology devices and web platforms.
Out of all the brands, Canon is the most popular and highly recommended brand for Vloggers who search for a new camera to enhance their productivity. Is the Canon Powershot SX420 good for Vlogging? Let’s get the answer now!
The Canon Powershot SX420 is a pocket-friendly camera with a fixed lens.
For the very same reason, most new vloggers have the same question in common about whether they should buy the Canon Powershot SX420 for recording videos or not.
Is the Canon Powershot SX420 Good for Vlogging
If you ask us, we would recommend you go with the SX420 camera only if you are a beginner and searching for a camera with limited features.
It is designed for the specific purpose of recording videos with its built-in fixed lens.
Canon’s Powershot range has a series of pocket-friendly cameras and the SX420 is the best one for taking long-distance shots and recording videos with its 42x Optical Zoom with advanced Optical Image Stabilizer.
What makes the Powershot SX420 more compatible with beginner vloggers is it carries all the features and functions to record a video and take decent shots. All come under a budget price tag.
If you are a beginner and have just stepped into Vlogging, then this edition of Canon is a perfect match for you.
The mirrorless camera or a high-end DSLR would ask for a few hundred extra bucks, which a beginner would not be able to spend at the very beginning of his career.
What’s disappointing here is that it is designed for specific use only. If you are a professional photographer or cinematographer, then this camera won’t impress you much as it has many limitations that keep you bound.
The Powershot SX420 features a fixed lens. You are not allowed to use an external lens on this camera. The company has not designed any accessory lens for the camera, which is the first drawback of the camera.
You have to deal with the built-in lens of the Camera for taking photos and recording videos. To make use of different lenses, you need to buy a compatible DSLR camera with an interchangeable lens option.
The Powershot SX420 features a 20.0 Megapixel sensor with a DIGIC 4+ processor to deliver great picture quality. You can take good pictures through the built-in camera lens but it is not an ideal choice for taking landscape shots.
You will have to work within its limitations with its built-in optical zoom lens. Here’s a list of some key features of the Powershot SX420 that you should know.
Canon Powershot SX420: Key Features
- Pocket-friendly design with easy-to-use functions
- Powerful zooming to get every object closer with the built-in fixed lens
- 0 Megapixel sensor with DIGIC 4+ Image Processor
- Built-in 3” LCD Screen with Better Viewing angle
- Ability to record videos with high resolution
- Powerful 42x Optical Zoom Lens with Image Stabilization
- Built-in Wi-Fi feature
- Easy connection options
- Compatible with Android and iOS mobile devices with its official free-to-use app
- It equipped with a powerful and long-lasting lithium-ion battery
Limitations of Powershot SX420
- The camera features a fixed lens that is small in size and not good for taking quality shots. The image quality of this lens is limited and not good for landscape photography.
- Can’t shoot raw images. You have to customize the right settings to get the final images. With a small aperture, you can’t get quality shots if you use the camera’s zoom-in feature. The quality of images will be compromised with the Zoom feature.
- You have to take a series of photographs to get the perfect long exposure photograph as the fixed lens is not capable of taking long exposure shots. It is not flexible to handle such professional photo-shooting tasks.
Is the Canon Powershot SX420 Good for Vlogging
The Canon Powershot SX420 is an ideal choice for beginners. If you have just stepped into Vlogging and searching for a camera with good zooming capability, then the Powershot SX420 is there to suit your needs.
The same camera is not recommended for professional users as it has many limitations. Beginners can learn the basics of photography through this camera and its fixed lens.
However, as you learn more about photography and its tricks, you will feel bound by the camera’s lens and features.
If you are going to expand your vlogging career by adding more professional videos and landscape shots or looking for a camera to use for years, then the Powershot SX420 is not an ideal choice.
It’s a camera for beginners and casual users, which can also be used by Vloggers for specific video shootings with its optical zoom lens.