The Sony RX100 can be deemed one of the most popular point-and-shoot cameras by Sony. Still, to get that perfect click from this masterpiece, you have to go through the Sony RX100 how-to-use guide beforehand.
The camera brings along a 20.2MP 1″-type Exmor CMOS sensor that is powerful enough to deliver the desired shots with the utmost ease. Hence, referring to the below-mentioned steps and guidelines can help you in the same respect.
Preparing the camera
- You have to charge the battery pack to charge the camera while it is in the insertion position. You have to go ahead with inserting the battery pack into the camera, and then you can see the battery life and the number of images available for recording. You have to supply the power from the wall outlet, and once done, remove the battery pack.
- Now, go ahead with inserting the memory card (you have to purchase it separately).
- Set the language date and time.
- Go with confirmation of the operating mode. For that, you have to use the control wheel and the menu items. Just use the function button for it.
- You can shoot still images as well as movies with the available set of customized options.
- Now, go ahead with the selection of the shooting mode. You can also use a list of the mode dial functions, intelligent auto program, auto scenes, collection, shutter priority, memory recall, or manual exposure.
- Afterward, you have to set the shooting functions. You can select the screen display mode by switching the screen display as well as the DISP button.
- You then need to go with adjustment of the focus in the camera. You have to select the focus area, Central Lock, Focus lock, and the AF illuminator.
- Make a selection of the drive mode. You will get options like continuous shooting and a self-timer for customizing it. You have to use the drive mode and the continuous shooting modes separately.
- Adjust the color tones. For that, you can set the white balance and the basic white color in the mode of a custom setup.
- Go ahead with the customization of the shooting functions for the component used in this case. You will get different function buttons that you have to customize according to your preferences.
- The settings you have to make here include photo creativity, face registration, soft Skin effect, red-eye reduction, grid line, auto review, and auto object framing.
Getting prepared for shooting
- Set the mode dial to manual exposure.
- Turn the control wheel for the selection of the value. At such a point, you have to check the exposure according to your preference. If you tap on +, it will help you brighten the images.
- On the other side, if you tap on ‘ –, ‘it will make the images darker. Clicking at 0 would help you to get the desired exposure according to the subject in focus.
- Now, you have to go with the adjustment of the autofocus feature while capturing the subject.
Few points to ponder about while using the Sony RX100
- You cannot select the ISO auto for the manual exposure mode.
- When you are in the manual exposure mode, set the ISO auto to switch to the minimum ISO sensitivity. At such times, you have to change the ISO value for the desired setting if it becomes necessary.
- When you find that the ambient light’s amount exceeds the measuring range of the method manual, you will see the flashing of the indicators.
- You can see that the steady shot warning indicator does not come as a unit in the exposure mode. Then, the brightness of the image on the monitor starts to differ from the actual image.
- You will also get the options for playing back the images, customizing the image index, deleting images, playing movies, viewing the panoramic images, and using the functions.
Using the Wi-Fi functions
If you want to build a connection to the smartphone, you have to control the camera accordingly. Controlling the camera is relatively easy, with the smart remote feature embedded into it. You can change the settings of the Wi-Fi functions by entering the main menu on the LCD screen.
The steps mentioned above can help you use the Sony RX100 at your convenience and preference. You can adjust the settings later according to a particular shoot or photography niche’s demands and requirements.