A low FPS rate can seriously spoil all the fun during a thrilling gaming session. While random computer hardware upgrades may help you in enhancing the same fps rate, that may not provide you the desired satisfaction that can be achieved while following the below-mentioned steps.
Here are the steps to increase fps on the laptop:
1. Defrag the primary hard drive
As we add and delete files on our hard drives continuously, little information packets are allowed to end up randomly. This could cause our laptop to check several places for these items. Hence, the extended time to open/load the file, boot time and so on would decrease the fps rate. Now, this is where we need to defrag the hard drive to fix it and boost the effectiveness of our laptop.
Here’s how to do it:
- Press on the Windows key and E together on the keyboard >> click ‘this pc’.
- Right-click on local disk >>> click properties.
- Click tools tab >> optimize
- Click optimize
- Please restart your computer when the process is complete
- Please ensure that the low FPS problem is resolved.
2. Check out the power option and fix for optimum performance
By design, a balanced or power-saver energy planning is also programmed on our device to conserve the battery, which greatly affects your card and device’s operating ability. For advanced graphics features, device performance on our platform can also be undermined.
Here’s how you can change it:
- Click the high-performance option
- Type ‘advanced’ >>> click ‘ view advanced setting options.
- Click ‘settings’ in the advanced options.
- Click ‘Adjust for best performance’ > Apply > OK.
3. Upgrade the graphics driver.
If the incorrect or obsolete graphics driver is present, the low FPS problem will occur. You should, therefore, check your drivers to see if the FPS improves. You can do it automatically using Driver Easy if you do not have time, patience or technical abilities to evaluate your drivers properly.
‘Driver Easy’ identifies your system instantly and brings out the right drivers for it. You do not have to understand specifically regarding ‘how the system operates in your laptop’. You need not take the chance of downloading and installing the incorrect driver. The easy Driver handles everything.
With either the Free or Pro versions of Driver Easy, you can keep updating your drivers immediately. But it only needs 2 clicks with the paid version:
- Download and install Driver Easy
- Run the Easy Driver and press Scan Now. Driver Easy scans and identifies any drivers that have issues.
- Click Update to install ALL drivers that are missed or outdated on your system instantly and download them (this will include the Pro version – when you press on Update All you are required to upgrade).
- Restart your laptop for the modifications to work.
4.Lessen your screen resolution
- Click the Display settings after right-clicking the empty area of your desktop.
- Click the drop-down menu in Resolution to decrease the resolution.
5. Clean up the disk.
Disk Clean-up is a Windows-based tool that helps us delete junk and non-important files. To Run Clean-up disk:
- Press the Windows logo key and R together on the keyboard. >>> copy & paste>> c:\windows\SYSTEM32\cleanmgr.exe /cDrive into the box >>>click OK.
- Select the storage drive you want and press OK.
- You can tick all the boxes essentially. You may have to search the recycle bin for anything to retrieve first. Click OK then.
- Make sure that you do not want the ticked files anymore and press Delete Files.
6.Close additional applications and disable startup items
Most applications can be very resource-hungry (regardless of whether they are running behind the scenes or not) and take a significant portion of our Processor consumption to reduce FPS. The startup items are the same. So we might have to close these apps while we don’t use them and deactivate them:
- To open the Task Manager simultaneously on your keyboard, press Ctrl, Shift, and Esc.
- Right-click on the programs (including background apps) you do not need to run at the moment and click End Task.
- Click on the Start tab, right-click on the items to boot, and click Disable.
We have just provided you with the best and most effective methods to increase fps on your laptop. We hope this would help you in getting that long-awaited thrilling and exciting gaming experience without any lags.