Best Nikon Lens for Wedding Photography
The best Nikon lens for wedding photography is the perfect gear for those who demand more.
Nikon’s lenses cover exceptional aspects of innovation and creativity to spruce up your photography skills.
Weddings are a blessing, and choosing Nikon lenses to capture those adorable moments would be an optimum choice.
In this perfect world, Nikon offers an extensive range of lenses to capture beautiful candids and dazzling portraits.
Best Nikon Lens for Wedding Photography – The List
Nikon lenses deliver outstanding image quality, colors, sharpness, and beautiful bokeh (background blur).
Be it for portraits, landscapes, or wedding photography, Nikon lenses are still the favorite of all.
The aperture, zoom, and compression allow you to get the most out of the moment without any disruption.
With that said, let’s compile the list of the best Nikon lens for wedding photography right away.
|Nikon Lens||Focal Length||Maximum Aperture||Format||Minimum Focusing Distance||Weight|
|Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G||50mm||f/1.8||FX/35mm||0.45m||185g|
|Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR||70-200mm||f/2.8||FX/35mm||1.1m||1430g|
|Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED||24-70mm||f/2.8||FX/35mm||0.38m||900g|
|Nikon AF-S Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED||20mm||f/1.8||FX/35mm||0.2m||355g|
1. Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
The 50mm lenses are always the best option to capture the beautiful couple without a flaw.
When combined with the right Nikon camera for weddings, the Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G allows for capturing beautiful wedding photos.
It is a prime lens with outstanding tech features that make it a perfect wedding photography lens.
Also, the Nikkor 50mm is one of the lightweight and inexpensive lenses by Nikon with remarkable traits.
- 50mm focal length to capture the depth of detail
- f/1.8 aperture for impressive image quality
- Lightweight and compact design
- Minimum focusing distance 0.45meters
- Compatible with a range of Nikon cameras
2. Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR
This pro-grade masterpiece is the dream lens for most wedding photographers. Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm has set a benchmark in the photography industry by producing some extraordinary results.
The zooming length of 70-200mm and f/2.8 aperture let you capture stunning wedding portraits.
It is a workhouse with some remarkable technical features to shoot documentary-style wedding portraits and beautiful images.
- Award-winning wide-angle lens to capture crystal-clear pictures
- Minimum focusing distance of 1.1meters
- f/2.8 aperture that is simply brilliant even in low light conditions
- constant aperture across the 70-200mm zoom range
- 4-stop image stabilization for handheld shooting
- Extra-Low Dispersion Glass to eliminate chromatic aberrations
3. Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED
When wishing for a pro-grade wedding photography lens, choose Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G to get amazing results. The lens is widely appreciated for its fixed aperture and stunning image quality.
Photography professionals choose this lens due to its natural imaging feature and sharp resolution. The lens delivers optimum performance, which makes it a brilliant choice for wedding photography.
The fast and constant f/2.8 aperture delivers brilliant results even in low-light conditions. You can’t get anything better for your Nikon camera at this price range.
- f/2.8 fast and fixed aperture across the zoom range
- 24-70mm focal length range for beautiful and natural image quality
- Extra-Low Dispersion Glass to avoid chromatic aberrations
- Internal Focus (IF) provides fast and quiet autofocusing
- Nano Crystal Coat lens that reduces ghosting and glare effects
- Minimum focusing distance 0.38meters
4. Nikon AF-S Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED
Widely known as the fastest ultra-wide-angle lens, the Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G is something wedding photographers adore.
The f/1.8 aperture delivers outstanding performance in low-light conditions. Also, this 20mm focal length range produces beautiful bokeh – blurry backgrounds.
This wide-angle lens is one of the finest pieces from Nikon’s prime lens collection. The optical performance and exposure in this lens are truly remarkable.
Nikon lovers should add this masterpiece to their collection.
- Minimum focusing distance 0.2meters
- Extra-Low Dispersion Glass to correct chromatic aberrations
- Nano Crystal Coating eliminates ghosting and glare effects
- Silent Wave Motor for accurate, high-speed, and quiet autofocusing
- f/1.8 maximum aperture for brilliant low-light performance & beautiful bokeh
- Perfect lens for wedding and portrait photography