The Canon flip screen DSLR EOS Rebel T72000D is one of the favorite cameras among all the photography professionals. It comes along with lots of built-in features that provide the photographers to play around with it. Though some have complained of the design to be illogical or inconvenient, its numerous features overshadow all its flaws. Moreover, the camera also offers its users to customize the various functions of the cameras, which is one of the best features of the Canon EOS Rebel T7. For example, you can assign a new job for the Set button, and that is to the silence the beeper of the camera. There are numerous ways to customize your camera. And today in this article, we are going to help you to learn the various ways with which you can customize your camera.
Note:You can only customize the Custom function menu of the Canon flip screen DSLR EOS Rebel T72000D only when the mode dial of the camera is set in P, Tv, Av or M mode.
So, let us have a look at some of the best ways through which you can customize the functioning of your camera.
Changing the function of the Set button of the Canon flip screen DSLR EOS Rebel T72000D
The primary function of the set button is to choose options from the Quick settings and Canon vlogging camera EOS Rebel T72000D menu screen. In the Av, Tv, p and M exposure modes, you assign a different function for the buttons while shooting. In order to change/modify the assignment of the set button, you can select the custom functions from the Setup menu three and then navigate to the custom function 9 buttons using the left-right cross keys.
The alternative functions which are available for the Setup button are:
- Image Quality
When you choose the image quality, it displays the screen where you can alter the quality of the image.
- The LCD monitor on/off
This will either turn or turn off the shooting screen, but it is essential to note that this function is not available on live mode.
- Flash exposure Compensation
In this function, you will be able to display the entire setting through which you can adjust the flash.
- Depth-of-Field preview
The depth-of-field preview is an excellent feature on the Canon vlogging camera EOS Rebel T72000D where you can get a live preview on the quality of the image and how well the depth of the field is captured by pressing and holding the set button. This will help you to learn about the f-stop that you have set for the image. You can either see the preview in the monitor or on any other monitor where you the live view are being displayed. The display can become too dark when the f-stop setting is set in high that limits the amount of light entering the lens.
After you have altered the setting, you can either save it, or if you want to go back to the default setting, then you can disable it which will turn it in normal mode.
Customizing the shutter and lock buttons of the Canon Vlogging camera EOS Rebel T72000D
When you press the shutter button halfway, the auto-exposure gets initiated, and when you press the AE button, the auto-exposure gets locked which is the default function of the lock button. If you are not well aware of the functioning of the buttons yet, you should always stick to the default settings of the button. But, as you get versed with the functioning of the camera button, you can slowly start altering the functions of the two buttons.
In order to configure the buttons, you can set the mode dial to TV, AV, M or P. Then you will need to navigate to the Custom Function. There you will find multiple functions which we have stated below. The result of oppressing the AE luck button halfway down is indicated by slash right before the option name. Here is a detail of the few functions which you will find in that menu.
- AF/AE Lock:When you press the shutter button halfway, it initiates the auto-focus, which is the default setting of the button. And when you press the AE lock button halfway down, it locks the auto-exposure. This is the default setting of the button.
- AE Lock/AF:When you press the shutter button halfway down, it locks the auto-exposure. And when you press the AE lock button, it will initiate the autofocus. This is the exact opposite of the default setup of the mode.
- AF/AF Lock, No AE Lock:When you press the shutter button halfway down, it will lock auto-focusing as well as the exposure metering. And when you press the AE lock button, it will lock the focus since Auto-exposure lock is not possible.
- AE/AF, NO AE Lock:When you press the shutter button halfway down in this mode, it initiates the auto-exposure. And when you press the AE Lock button, it will turn on auto-focus. And when it is set in AI servo mode, it will initiate continuous auto-focusing when the AE Lock button is pressed. This is utterly helpful when you are shooting a continuously moving subject. The Exposure of the picture will be set when you capture the shot.
Note: This prime reason for this design is for preventing focusing mishaps while using the AI servo Auto-focusing, which is a viewfinder shooting option. While using the AI servo mode, the auto-focus motor is adjusted continuously for the moment you press the shutter button halfway down. It helps to keep the subject in focus. But in the event something comes in front of the camera while taking the shot, the focus will be moved to the object rather than the subject. The auto-focusing motor can be stopped by holding down the AE lock button. To restart the auto-focusing motor, you will need to release the AE lock button.
It is essential to note that you shouldn’t alter the default settings of the buttons unless you know how to restore them back.