Even though the process is quite simple and easy, you still need to follow certain required steps regarding How to connect laptop to a projector with USB?
Well, before you head on to the rest of the process, try to ensure the availability of all the required accessories.
Why USB port?
The connection of the projector to the computer requires the VGA slot. However, you may find the external monitor already taking the only VGA slot on the laptop.
So, if you are looking to connect the projector and the external monitor simultaneously, you have to get access to the USB port.
Moreover, you will also require the USB to VGA adaptor for the same purpose.
On the other side, most of the projectors comes with a USB port so you need not worry while ensuring a connection via USB with laptops.
- USB to VGA adapter
- First of all, plug the power cord into the projector’s back and plug the other end right into the nearest electric outlet.
- Now, go ahead with establishing the USB connection right from the USB to the VGA adaptor. You have to do so in the rectangular slot that you will find on the side of the laptop.
- Now connect one end of the cable to the adaptor for VGA. Find it attached to the opposite end of the USB cable.
- After that, plug the other end of the cable right into the skill slot for VGA. You can find this slot in the back of the projector.
- Now turn on the projector and click on the Windows button that you will find next to the alt button on the keyboard. You have to do so while holding the windows button and P key.
- After this, you have to go ahead with selecting the duplicate option that you will find from the four options available on the screen. It will show what is right on the monitor to the projector.
Note- if this method does not work, then try updating the drivers and checking if the issue persists. For that, you have to follow these below-mentioned steps.
- First of all, uninstall the USB controller driver.
- Now, press the Windows and X keys.
- Click on the device manager.
- You have to expand the universal serial bus controller.
- Just right-click on every device that you will find under the universal serial bus controller node.
- From there, click on the ‘uninstall’.
- Now, restart the system and allow the computer to go ahead with the USB controller’s installation.
- Connect the computer to the device again for finding if it works or not.
Instructions for Windows 7 and 8
- Press and hold the windows button placed on the keyboard.
- Then, press on P. There, you will see a bunch of the display options.
- After that, you have to keep on holding the windows button and press the P again for highlighting the display options.
- Now, go to the duplicate option and highlight the image that will be appearing on the laptop.
- Click on the EXTEND option that you will find for using the projector as a second monitor.
- When you have selected the desired option, you have to release the windows button.
Instructions for Windows 10
For connecting to the Windows 10, you have to right-click anywhere on the desktop background there.
- Now, you have to make a selection of graphic properties.
- Move on to display and click on the resolution there.
- You have to move the slider resolution according to the choice and click on the save profile option.
Instructions for Mac
The Mac laptop automatically starts to select the project on the start-up and sends out the laptop image.
However, if you don’t find this working for you, click on the Apple menu.
- Now, select the system preferences and go into the hardware row.
- You have to click on the menu displays.
- Now, click on detect displays.
Bottom-line for How to connect the laptop to a projector with USB
Following the steps mentioned above can help you connect the laptop to a projector with USB. Leave your questions and doubts in the comments section if you have any other queries in the same regards.