When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Here’s how it works.
Best Cameras for Wedding Photography
Wedding Photography is crucial to relive the function that comes only once in everyone’s life.
Most people hire a professional wedding photographer who has prior experience in capturing the best of wedding moments.
Professional Wedding Photographers know what to capture in the event. Beginner photographers who want to step into this genre of photography should know about the special gears.
Beginner photographers must focus on investing in a reliable camera that can help them throughout their careers.
Since we have plenty of cameras from world-class brands available in the market, choosing the right camera can be a little difficult for beginners.
To help them choose the right camera for their new career, here we have compiled the list of the Best Cameras for Wedding Photography.
The following list is prepared after a lot of research and reviews from professional wedding photographers.
All newbies should follow this list to know about the basic gear for their profession. Here’s the list to follow:
5 Best Wedding Photography Cameras
1. Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Digital SLR Camera
Canon is everyone’s favorite brand when it comes to buying new photography equipment.
We believe that the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV is considered the best camera for Wedding Photographers because it fulfills the needs of a professional shooter with its extraordinary features and functions.
- The camera features a 30.4 MP CMOS Sensor equipped with a DIGIC 6+ Image Processor. The built-in touchscreen acts as a viewfinder to capture the live shots effortlessly.
- Its dual-pixel features let the cameraman focus precisely on the subject. It allows you to focus on the subject quickly to capture the perfect moment. Quick auto-focus is crucial in a wedding event and this camera has got it all.
- Compared to its predecessor, the EOS 5D Mark IV has been upgraded with new features and functions. It comes with an improved dynamic range, more pixels, auto exposure, and many more.
The upgraded edition of Canon attracts professional photographers. You can buy this camera with a full set of accessories with a bundle that includes over 14 different types of accessories.
Professional photographers consider this camera as their best investment.
2. Nikon D750 Digital SLR Camera
Nikon’s D750 Digital SLR Camera is an ideal choice for professional photographers.
If you know something about photography or have some experience in the field, then Nikon’s model is the perfect choice for you.
The body of this DSLR lets you explore a variety of lenses irrespective of your skills.
- This full-frame camera gives you full access to enjoying your photography skills. The built-in 243-megapixel CMOS sensor and Expeed 4 image processor give you sharp and natural shots every time you press the shutter button.
- Moreover, this camera lets you record full HD videos at different pixels as per your choice. Advanced connectivity features such as built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are essential in the modern world.
- The impressive ISO range from 64 to 102,400 makes it an ideal camera for both newbies and professional photographers who can try out different things on one single piece.
Additionally, it has an impressive autofocus function that gets you the perfect shot quickly. The camera offers a tilting touchscreen that makes it easier for the users to view their shots and make additional settings effortlessly.
3. Canon EOS 6D Mark II
Canon’s EOS 6D Mark II is yet another excellent choice for wedding photographers. This full-frame camera from Canon gives you the best of features and functions to make you a complete photographer.
It is compatible with numerous lenses and you can try out different accessories to expand your skills.
- The impressive 26.2 MP CMOS Sensor ensures better performance while capturing the full frame of the event. The camera can record full HD videos at 1080 pixels of resolution. Get your photos ready for social media with its built-in Wi-Fi connectivity feature.
- Moreover, the camera features an advanced Optical ViewFinder with a 45-all cross-type AutoFocus system. This upgraded autofocus system captures beautiful photos with no extra effort.
- The sensor is equipped with the latest DIGIC 7+ Image Processor that processes images automatically and gives you crystal clear photos.
Apart from the built-in Wireless Connectivity feature, i.e. Wi-Fi, you would also get NFC, Bluetooth, and wired connectivity features.
The varied angle touch screen gives you quick access to many functions of the camera.
4. Sony a7R III Mirrorless Camera
Mirrorless Cameras are also a good choice for professional wedding photographers. When it comes to buying a mirrorless digital camera, then Sony is the most popular and highly recommended brand.
Sony’s a7R III Mirrorless Camera has received positive reviews from regular users. It is currently the best camera for wedding photographers in the market.
- What’s surprising is the a7R III model is cheaper than its predecessor. It comes with a set of improved features and is good at handling. This edition gives you the best performance while covering the wedding event. With a high-resolution lens and improved autofocus function, it makes your shooting day more enjoyable.
- A 42.4 MP Illuminated Exmore R Sensor collects more light than the traditional sensor. It comes with a 10 fps continuous shooting to capture the moving shots more precisely. Upgrade image processing boosts post-processing of the captured image by 1.8x.
Moreover, this latest Mirrorless edition of Sony offers a set of advanced connectivity features. The bundle comes with all the essential accessories.
5. Canon EOS 80D Digital SLR Camera
The Canon EOS 80D Digital SLR Camera is known for its exceptional performance with its excellent 45-point cross-type AF system.
This technology gives you sharp and professional-grade photos without any skills.
- It’s a great choice even for beginners who are just trying out their hands.
- Since the camera is compatible with multiple lenses, it’s the perfect option for wedding photographers who are looking for a multi-functional digital camera. The built-in 24.2 Megapixel CMOS Sensor and dual pixel autofocus give you the best performance.
- The camera comes with an impressive ISO range of 100- 16000 and can be expanded up to 256,000. Up to 7fps of continuous shooting makes it more reliable to capture moving objects precisely.
The camera records high-resolution videos in MP4 and MOV formats. The innovative articulating touchscreen display makes it more fun to use.
Wedding Photography is not everyone’s cup of tea as it requires special skills. Apart from special skills and prior experience, one needs to be equipped with highly advanced gear.
The main gear of wedding photographers is the camera.
Explore the list of best-selling and top-rated DSLRs for wedding photography. Know about their features and make a wise choice that suits your needs.
Each of the above-listed cameras is unique in its way; check out their details carefully before you choose one for your profession.